Hackney guests who saw birthday party shooting urged to share vital evidence as police offer £10,000 reward
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have offered a reward of £10,000 following a shooting at a party attended by hundreds of people – many of whom were from Hackney.
Two men opened fire across the dance floor as the party at the Praba Banqueting Hall in High Road Ilford was ending in the early hours of Sunday June 4.
The party was crammed with about 300 guests and a 22-year-old man who was shot in the leg is still being treated for the injury. The incident is being treated as attempted murder.
Det Const Marcus Snook, of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “This was a shocking incident which left the victim with serious injuries and psychological scars that will remain with him forever.
“We believe that a large number of those who attended were from the Hackney area. It is almost certain that people who attended the party would have seen what happened and will have vital information that could assist our inquiry.”
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should call 020 8217 7382 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers