Hackney guests who saw birthday party shooting urged to share vital evidence as police offer £10,000 reward
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have offered a reward of £10,000 following a shooting at a party attended by hundreds of people – many of whom were from Hackney.
Two men opened fire across the dance floor as the party at the Praba Banqueting Hall in High Road Ilford was ending in the early hours of Sunday June 4.
The party was crammed with about 300 guests and a 22-year-old man who was shot in the leg is still being treated for the injury. The incident is being treated as attempted murder.
Det Const Marcus Snook, of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “This was a shocking incident which left the victim with serious injuries and psychological scars that will remain with him forever.
“We believe that a large number of those who attended were from the Hackney area. It is almost certain that people who attended the party would have seen what happened and will have vital information that could assist our inquiry.”
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should call 020 8217 7382 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities