Hackney guests who saw birthday party shooting urged to share vital evidence as police offer £10,000 reward
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have offered a reward of £10,000 following a shooting at a party attended by hundreds of people – many of whom were from Hackney.
Two men opened fire across the dance floor as the party at the Praba Banqueting Hall in High Road Ilford was ending in the early hours of Sunday June 4.
The party was crammed with about 300 guests and a 22-year-old man who was shot in the leg is still being treated for the injury. The incident is being treated as attempted murder.
Det Const Marcus Snook, of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “This was a shocking incident which left the victim with serious injuries and psychological scars that will remain with him forever.
“We believe that a large number of those who attended were from the Hackney area. It is almost certain that people who attended the party would have seen what happened and will have vital information that could assist our inquiry.”
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should call 020 8217 7382 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing