Hackney guests who saw birthday party shooting urged to share vital evidence as police offer £10,000 reward
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have offered a reward of £10,000 following a shooting at a party attended by hundreds of people – many of whom were from Hackney.
Two men opened fire across the dance floor as the party at the Praba Banqueting Hall in High Road Ilford was ending in the early hours of Sunday June 4.
The party was crammed with about 300 guests and a 22-year-old man who was shot in the leg is still being treated for the injury. The incident is being treated as attempted murder.
Det Const Marcus Snook, of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “This was a shocking incident which left the victim with serious injuries and psychological scars that will remain with him forever.
“We believe that a large number of those who attended were from the Hackney area. It is almost certain that people who attended the party would have seen what happened and will have vital information that could assist our inquiry.”
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should call 020 8217 7382 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 4 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 5 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 6 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 7 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
- 8 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 9 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 10 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney