Hackney handbag robber allegedly punched victims in the face repeatedly
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are renewing their appeal to trace a robber who repeatedly punched two women in the face after stealing their handbags.
Police created an e-fit of the suspect after the two separate attacks allegedly took place in January.
On Saturday January 25 the suspect approached the alleged victim near her front door in Alconbury Road, Upper Clapton.
He suddenly punched her in the face several times before grabbing her bag and making off towards Fontayne Road.
The same thing happened a day later in Maury Road, Stoke Newington to a different victim, chipping two of her teeth.
The suspect is described as a light skinned black male, aged between 18 and 30 years old, between 5ft 10ins and 6ft tall, of a medium build, with a possible African accent.
During the first attack, the suspect was wearing a grey beanie hat and a big black heavy coat.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 4 Architecture review: 'Contemporary Hackney and revolutionary Russia?'
- 5 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 6 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 7 Firefighter retires after cancer diagnosis
- 8 Flamenco extravaganza with dancers aged 4 to 60
- 9 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 10 Plea date set for teen charged with broad daylight stabbing
In the second, he was wearing a dark coat.
Anyone with information should contact Det Const Mike Cosh, from Hackney CID on 0207 275 3232, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.