Hackney home raided as police crack down on organised crime gang
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A home in Hackney was raided yesterday, as part of a police crackdown on a suspected organised crime gang believed to be behind more than 50 burglaries where high-value goods have been stolen.
Officers from the Met and Suffolk Police arrested a 39-year-old man at a home in Kent and six men aged between 17 and 25 at a caravan park near Mildenhall, all on suspicion of conspiracy to commit burglary.
They also executed a search warrant at a self-storage facility in Belvedere, Kent and the residential address in Hackney.
According to the Met they found "a substantial amount of high-value goods that are believed to be stolen property" as well as cars and caravans that are also believed to be stolen at the self-storage facility in Belvedere.
Mobile phones were seized as part of the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The gang is thought to be responsible for 20 burglaries in London alone, and 50 break-ins nationwide.
Det Supt Andy Furphy of the Met's South East Command said: "We understand the devastation that can be caused to those who are unfortunate enough to the targeted by burglars and the often long term effects that can run far deeper than a loss of property."
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 10 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more