Hackney horror smash: police locate second car
- Credit: Archant
Police have traced a second vehicle which may have been travelling close to the car which collided with a night bus on Tuesday.
Delano Moore was killed when the Audi he was driving was involved in the accident with the N38 bus in Lea Bridge Road, Lower Clapton, at around 2.20am.
Mr Moore, a 25-year old father from Waltham Forest, who worked in the produce section at Morrison’s supermarket in Chingford was pronounced dead at the scene.
The car’s three passengers were injured, one critically, while 10 people on the N38 bus were treated as “walking wounded” and were taken to hospital in another bus.
One line of enquiry police are thought to be investigating is that the car was racing another vehicle, which was located today by officers.
A police spokesman said: “It is believed that the car was travelling with or closely behind another vehicle along Lea Bridge Road.”
Police said no one has been arrested and inquiries into the cause of the collision are still taking place.
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Call to stop weedkiller use at estate
- 5 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 6 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 7 Illustrations capture a fresh view of Hackney
- 8 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 9 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 10 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact the witness appeal line on 020 8597 4874 or via 101.