Hackney horror smash: police locate second car
- Credit: Archant
Police have traced a second vehicle which may have been travelling close to the car which collided with a night bus on Tuesday.
Delano Moore was killed when the Audi he was driving was involved in the accident with the N38 bus in Lea Bridge Road, Lower Clapton, at around 2.20am.
Mr Moore, a 25-year old father from Waltham Forest, who worked in the produce section at Morrison’s supermarket in Chingford was pronounced dead at the scene.
The car’s three passengers were injured, one critically, while 10 people on the N38 bus were treated as “walking wounded” and were taken to hospital in another bus.
One line of enquiry police are thought to be investigating is that the car was racing another vehicle, which was located today by officers.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “It is believed that the car was travelling with or closely behind another vehicle along Lea Bridge Road.”
Police said no one has been arrested and inquiries into the cause of the collision are still taking place.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact the witness appeal line on 020 8597 4874 or via 101.