Hackney horror smash: police locate second car
- Credit: Archant
Police have traced a second vehicle which may have been travelling close to the car which collided with a night bus on Tuesday.
Delano Moore was killed when the Audi he was driving was involved in the accident with the N38 bus in Lea Bridge Road, Lower Clapton, at around 2.20am.
Mr Moore, a 25-year old father from Waltham Forest, who worked in the produce section at Morrison’s supermarket in Chingford was pronounced dead at the scene.
The car’s three passengers were injured, one critically, while 10 people on the N38 bus were treated as “walking wounded” and were taken to hospital in another bus.
One line of enquiry police are thought to be investigating is that the car was racing another vehicle, which was located today by officers.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “It is believed that the car was travelling with or closely behind another vehicle along Lea Bridge Road.”
Police said no one has been arrested and inquiries into the cause of the collision are still taking place.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact the witness appeal line on 020 8597 4874 or via 101.