Hackney man charged with possession of drugs and a firearm
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney man has been charged with drug and firearm offences after being arrested in Exeter.
Rafal Jancz, 34, of Clarence Road, was arrested on May 27 by Devon and Cornwall police officers after a tip-off from the Organised Crime Partnership.
This is a joint National Crime Agency (NCA) and Metropolitan Police unit.
Mr Jancz was charged with possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of a firearm.
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Exeter Crown Court on June 25.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Tony O’Sullivan of the Organised Crime Partnership said: “This operation has seen an extremely dangerous weapon taken out of circulation and is yet another great example of the NCA and Met working side by side to keep the public safe.”
Police officers seized cocaine from a car and a Bruni model 92 pistol, 20 rounds of ammunition, a holster and gun oil from an address.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 3 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?