Hackney man charged with possession of drugs and a firearm
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney man has been charged with drug and firearm offences after being arrested in Exeter.
Rafal Jancz, 34, of Clarence Road, was arrested on May 27 by Devon and Cornwall police officers after a tip-off from the Organised Crime Partnership.
This is a joint National Crime Agency (NCA) and Metropolitan Police unit.
Mr Jancz was charged with possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of a firearm.
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Exeter Crown Court on June 25.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Tony O’Sullivan of the Organised Crime Partnership said: “This operation has seen an extremely dangerous weapon taken out of circulation and is yet another great example of the NCA and Met working side by side to keep the public safe.”
Police officers seized cocaine from a car and a Bruni model 92 pistol, 20 rounds of ammunition, a holster and gun oil from an address.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers