Hackney man charged with possession of drugs and a firearm
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney man has been charged with drug and firearm offences after being arrested in Exeter.
Rafal Jancz, 34, of Clarence Road, was arrested on May 27 by Devon and Cornwall police officers after a tip-off from the Organised Crime Partnership.
This is a joint National Crime Agency (NCA) and Metropolitan Police unit.
Mr Jancz was charged with possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of a firearm.
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Exeter Crown Court on June 25.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Tony O’Sullivan of the Organised Crime Partnership said: “This operation has seen an extremely dangerous weapon taken out of circulation and is yet another great example of the NCA and Met working side by side to keep the public safe.”
Police officers seized cocaine from a car and a Bruni model 92 pistol, 20 rounds of ammunition, a holster and gun oil from an address.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London