Hackney man denies killing partner and 23-month-old daughter
- Credit: Archant
A father has denied killing his partner and their young daughter.
Roland McKoy, 53, from Oswald’s Mead, appeared before the Old Bailey this morning charged with murdering 45-year-old Valerie Forde and 23-month-old Real-Jahzarah McKoy, who were both found dead at their home overlooking Hackney Marshes on March 31.
Mr McKoy stood in the dock and spoke only to confirm his name and enter not guilty pleas.
Members of the victims’ family sat in the courtroom for the brief hearing.
Mr McKoy was also found injured at the house on the Kingsmead estate when an ambulance arrived just after 9am and remained in hospital for nine days until he was taken to a London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The judge Anthony Morris QC remanded him in custody to await trial on December 8.
- 1 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 4 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images