Hackney man denies killing partner and 23-month-old daughter
- Credit: Archant
A father has denied killing his partner and their young daughter.
Roland McKoy, 53, from Oswald’s Mead, appeared before the Old Bailey this morning charged with murdering 45-year-old Valerie Forde and 23-month-old Real-Jahzarah McKoy, who were both found dead at their home overlooking Hackney Marshes on March 31.
Mr McKoy stood in the dock and spoke only to confirm his name and enter not guilty pleas.
Members of the victims’ family sat in the courtroom for the brief hearing.
Mr McKoy was also found injured at the house on the Kingsmead estate when an ambulance arrived just after 9am and remained in hospital for nine days until he was taken to a London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The judge Anthony Morris QC remanded him in custody to await trial on December 8.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death