Hackney man denies killing partner and 23-month-old daughter
- Credit: Archant
A father has denied killing his partner and their young daughter.
Roland McKoy, 53, from Oswald’s Mead, appeared before the Old Bailey this morning charged with murdering 45-year-old Valerie Forde and 23-month-old Real-Jahzarah McKoy, who were both found dead at their home overlooking Hackney Marshes on March 31.
Mr McKoy stood in the dock and spoke only to confirm his name and enter not guilty pleas.
Members of the victims’ family sat in the courtroom for the brief hearing.
Mr McKoy was also found injured at the house on the Kingsmead estate when an ambulance arrived just after 9am and remained in hospital for nine days until he was taken to a London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The judge Anthony Morris QC remanded him in custody to await trial on December 8.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 10 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car