Hackney man denies killing partner and 23-month-old daughter
- Credit: Archant
A father has denied killing his partner and their young daughter.
Roland McKoy, 53, from Oswald’s Mead, appeared before the Old Bailey this morning charged with murdering 45-year-old Valerie Forde and 23-month-old Real-Jahzarah McKoy, who were both found dead at their home overlooking Hackney Marshes on March 31.
Mr McKoy stood in the dock and spoke only to confirm his name and enter not guilty pleas.
Members of the victims’ family sat in the courtroom for the brief hearing.
Mr McKoy was also found injured at the house on the Kingsmead estate when an ambulance arrived just after 9am and remained in hospital for nine days until he was taken to a London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The judge Anthony Morris QC remanded him in custody to await trial on December 8.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Hackney CEO to retire after 40 years in local government