Hackney man denies killing partner and 23-month-old daughter
- Credit: Archant
A father has denied killing his partner and their young daughter.
Roland McKoy, 53, from Oswald’s Mead, appeared before the Old Bailey this morning charged with murdering 45-year-old Valerie Forde and 23-month-old Real-Jahzarah McKoy, who were both found dead at their home overlooking Hackney Marshes on March 31.
Mr McKoy stood in the dock and spoke only to confirm his name and enter not guilty pleas.
Members of the victims’ family sat in the courtroom for the brief hearing.
Mr McKoy was also found injured at the house on the Kingsmead estate when an ambulance arrived just after 9am and remained in hospital for nine days until he was taken to a London police station.
The judge Anthony Morris QC remanded him in custody to await trial on December 8.
- 1 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 2 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 3 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 4 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 5 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 6 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 7 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston
- 10 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment