Men and child charged in alleged Hackney police assault
- Credit: MPS
Three Hackney men and a 13-year-old child have been charged with two counts of assaulting an emergency worker.
On June 10 at about 3.30pm, two constables were flagged down due to an alleged assault and when the officers started to investigate, a confrontation ensued.
A male and female police constable both suffered minor injuries, including cuts and bruises, but did not require hospital treatment.
Paul Kekemba, 33, of Morning Lane; Jordan Thomas, 20, of Woolridge Way; Marvin Henderson, 34, of Frampton Park Road; and a 13-year-old boy from Hackney were due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on June 12.
Footage of an incident circulating on social media has been watched 800,000 times.
You may also want to watch:
Cmdr Barnet said: “We have ensured the welfare of the officers and they continue to be supported by their colleagues.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 with reference Cad 4315/10Jun, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school