Men and child charged in alleged Hackney police assault
- Credit: MPS
Three Hackney men and a 13-year-old child have been charged with two counts of assaulting an emergency worker.
On June 10 at about 3.30pm, two constables were flagged down due to an alleged assault and when the officers started to investigate, a confrontation ensued.
A male and female police constable both suffered minor injuries, including cuts and bruises, but did not require hospital treatment.
Paul Kekemba, 33, of Morning Lane; Jordan Thomas, 20, of Woolridge Way; Marvin Henderson, 34, of Frampton Park Road; and a 13-year-old boy from Hackney were due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on June 12.
Footage of an incident circulating on social media has been watched 800,000 times.
You may also want to watch:
Cmdr Barnet said: “We have ensured the welfare of the officers and they continue to be supported by their colleagues.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 with reference Cad 4315/10Jun, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition