Hackney men jailed for waving gun at attacker who had shot their friend in the face
- Credit: Archant
Two men from Hackney have been jailed for brandishing a loaded gun in the street – at the shooter who had blasted their friend in the face at close range.
That man, 22-year-old Ramel Francis from Station Road, Forest Gate, was jailed for 20 years over the attempted murder of his victim, also 22.
Aaron Small, 25, of Cranwich Road, Stamford Hill, and Nana Nyanor, 25 of Bouverie Road, Stoke Newington, were jailed for eight years and seven years respectively for possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
Francis’ victim – the other men’s friend – survived and is out of hospital.
A fight broke out between the men in Muswell Hill in the early hours of November 5, following a private party at the Socialite Bar. The brawl spilled onto the street and Francis fired a number of rounds at the victim.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Bryan Sullivan said: “Francis acted with complete disregard for public safety.
“Small and Nyanor, in some misguided sense of loyalty to the victim also brandished a loaded firearm. Thankfully, the gun did not fire and nobody was injured as a result.”
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 6 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney