Hackney men jailed for waving gun at attacker who had shot their friend in the face
- Credit: Archant
Two men from Hackney have been jailed for brandishing a loaded gun in the street – at the shooter who had blasted their friend in the face at close range.
That man, 22-year-old Ramel Francis from Station Road, Forest Gate, was jailed for 20 years over the attempted murder of his victim, also 22.
Aaron Small, 25, of Cranwich Road, Stamford Hill, and Nana Nyanor, 25 of Bouverie Road, Stoke Newington, were jailed for eight years and seven years respectively for possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
Francis’ victim – the other men’s friend – survived and is out of hospital.
A fight broke out between the men in Muswell Hill in the early hours of November 5, following a private party at the Socialite Bar. The brawl spilled onto the street and Francis fired a number of rounds at the victim.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Bryan Sullivan said: “Francis acted with complete disregard for public safety.
“Small and Nyanor, in some misguided sense of loyalty to the victim also brandished a loaded firearm. Thankfully, the gun did not fire and nobody was injured as a result.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens