Hackney narrow boat burglar jailed for 20 months
- Credit: Archant
A burglar has been sentenced to 20 months behind bars after targeting narrow boats in Hackney.
Abdul Wahid Khan, 28 of Warner Place, Bethnal Green, raided the vessels moored on the Lea Navigation Canal in Homerton in June.
He was disturbed by the occupants on one of the boats before escaping with a laptop and when police arrived they found him attempting to break into another one.
Khan tried to escape but officers detained him and he was subsequently charged.
He denied two counts of burglary at Snaresbrook Crown Court but was found guilty following a trial.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Ed Bennett, from Hackney’s Operation Bantam, said: “This is a great result, achieved following the swift actions of the officers who attended the scene.”
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 5 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 7 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter