Hackney Police appeal for witnesses following Murder Mile stabbing in broad daylight
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses following a stabbing in broad daylight in the area along Upper and Lower Clapton Road dubbed “Murder Mile”.
A 27-year-old man was found outside Clapton Newsagents in Upper Clapton Road by the London Ambulance Service just before noon on Monday.
The victim had been chased along Upper Clapton Road and was stabbed once between Clevely’s Road and Gunton Road.
He remains in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Paul Ridley from Hackney’s Violent Crime Unit said: “This attack occurred in broad daylight in an extremely busy area.
“I am confident that there are people who would have witnessed elements of the attack.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
The stretch along Upper and Lower Clapton Road was dubbed Murder Mile a decade ago after eight men were shot dead there within the space of two years.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Hackney’s violent crime unit on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.