Hackney Police appeal for witnesses following Murder Mile stabbing in broad daylight
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses following a stabbing in broad daylight in the area along Upper and Lower Clapton Road dubbed “Murder Mile”.
A 27-year-old man was found outside Clapton Newsagents in Upper Clapton Road by the London Ambulance Service just before noon on Monday.
The victim had been chased along Upper Clapton Road and was stabbed once between Clevely’s Road and Gunton Road.
He remains in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Paul Ridley from Hackney’s Violent Crime Unit said: “This attack occurred in broad daylight in an extremely busy area.
“I am confident that there are people who would have witnessed elements of the attack.”
- 1 Man's face lacerated in Lower Clapton stabbing
- 2 Hackney 'rising star' nominated for BAFTA
- 3 Alleged organiser of illegal Hackney music event faces £10,000 fine
- 4 'Largest cannabis farm we've ever seen,' say Homerton police
- 5 Baby Edward: Police confirm biological mother was found
- 6 Hackney runner marking eight years since losing his dad to Prostate Cancer with charity run
- 7 Swimmers in Hackney and Islington raise money to save their club
- 8 Speaker sets up walk to support Hackney Foodbank after demand surges
- 9 'So many characters': Lockdown portraits on display
- 10 Facebook bans breastfeeding campaign ads starring Hackney mum
The stretch along Upper and Lower Clapton Road was dubbed Murder Mile a decade ago after eight men were shot dead there within the space of two years.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Hackney’s violent crime unit on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.