Hackney Police appeal for witnesses following Murder Mile stabbing in broad daylight
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses following a stabbing in broad daylight in the area along Upper and Lower Clapton Road dubbed “Murder Mile”.
A 27-year-old man was found outside Clapton Newsagents in Upper Clapton Road by the London Ambulance Service just before noon on Monday.
The victim had been chased along Upper Clapton Road and was stabbed once between Clevely’s Road and Gunton Road.
He remains in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
Detective Sergeant Paul Ridley from Hackney’s Violent Crime Unit said: “This attack occurred in broad daylight in an extremely busy area.
“I am confident that there are people who would have witnessed elements of the attack.”
- 1 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 2 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 3 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 4 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 5 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
- 6 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 10 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
The stretch along Upper and Lower Clapton Road was dubbed Murder Mile a decade ago after eight men were shot dead there within the space of two years.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Hackney’s violent crime unit on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.