Hackney Police appeal for witnesses following Murder Mile stabbing in broad daylight
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses following a stabbing in broad daylight in the area along Upper and Lower Clapton Road dubbed “Murder Mile”.
A 27-year-old man was found outside Clapton Newsagents in Upper Clapton Road by the London Ambulance Service just before noon on Monday.
The victim had been chased along Upper Clapton Road and was stabbed once between Clevely’s Road and Gunton Road.
He remains in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Paul Ridley from Hackney’s Violent Crime Unit said: “This attack occurred in broad daylight in an extremely busy area.
“I am confident that there are people who would have witnessed elements of the attack.”
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 6 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
The stretch along Upper and Lower Clapton Road was dubbed Murder Mile a decade ago after eight men were shot dead there within the space of two years.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Hackney’s violent crime unit on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.