Hackney Police appeal for witnesses following Murder Mile stabbing in broad daylight
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses following a stabbing in broad daylight in the area along Upper and Lower Clapton Road dubbed “Murder Mile”.
A 27-year-old man was found outside Clapton Newsagents in Upper Clapton Road by the London Ambulance Service just before noon on Monday.
The victim had been chased along Upper Clapton Road and was stabbed once between Clevely’s Road and Gunton Road.
He remains in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Paul Ridley from Hackney’s Violent Crime Unit said: “This attack occurred in broad daylight in an extremely busy area.
“I am confident that there are people who would have witnessed elements of the attack.”
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 3 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 4 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 5 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 7 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 8 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 9 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Mosaic unveiled at near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
The stretch along Upper and Lower Clapton Road was dubbed Murder Mile a decade ago after eight men were shot dead there within the space of two years.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Hackney’s violent crime unit on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.