Hackney police find toddler wandering streets
- Credit: Archant
Police have identified the parents of a toddler they found wandering the streets in Hackney – but the tone of their appeal on Twitter has divided opinion.
Officers found the Polish, blue-eyed child this morning wearing green wellies and a blue jacket and took to their @MPSHackney account to help find the parents, who they are now speaking with.
They said: “Have you lost a two/three year old child? If you have, great news! We’ve found one! Get in touch via 101 quoting CAD1809/07. #ResponseB.”
But the post has come under fire on the social media platform, with many users feeling it showed a lack of tact.
@fkaTricks said: “Delete this. Re-evaluate. Re-write.”
You may also want to watch:
@aj1_uk said: “Ummm, slightly midjudged tone maybe?!”
@JonathanRWarner added: “Lmao, budget cuts so tight they’ve had to cut down on the tact.”
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
Others responded more positively and some praised them for finding the child.
@spurs_sel said: “Just wow! well done to you lot but wheres the parent?? How can you lose a child that young?”