Hackney police find toddler wandering streets
- Credit: Archant
Police have identified the parents of a toddler they found wandering the streets in Hackney – but the tone of their appeal on Twitter has divided opinion.
Officers found the Polish, blue-eyed child this morning wearing green wellies and a blue jacket and took to their @MPSHackney account to help find the parents, who they are now speaking with.
They said: “Have you lost a two/three year old child? If you have, great news! We’ve found one! Get in touch via 101 quoting CAD1809/07. #ResponseB.”
But the post has come under fire on the social media platform, with many users feeling it showed a lack of tact.
@fkaTricks said: “Delete this. Re-evaluate. Re-write.”
@aj1_uk said: “Ummm, slightly midjudged tone maybe?!”
@JonathanRWarner added: “Lmao, budget cuts so tight they’ve had to cut down on the tact.”
- 1 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 2 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 3 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 4 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 7 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 8 Five convicted for 'horrifying' Broadway Market stabbing
- 9 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
Others responded more positively and some praised them for finding the child.
@spurs_sel said: “Just wow! well done to you lot but wheres the parent?? How can you lose a child that young?”