Hackney police find toddler wandering streets
- Credit: Archant
Police have identified the parents of a toddler they found wandering the streets in Hackney – but the tone of their appeal on Twitter has divided opinion.
Officers found the Polish, blue-eyed child this morning wearing green wellies and a blue jacket and took to their @MPSHackney account to help find the parents, who they are now speaking with.
They said: “Have you lost a two/three year old child? If you have, great news! We’ve found one! Get in touch via 101 quoting CAD1809/07. #ResponseB.”
But the post has come under fire on the social media platform, with many users feeling it showed a lack of tact.
@fkaTricks said: “Delete this. Re-evaluate. Re-write.”
You may also want to watch:
@aj1_uk said: “Ummm, slightly midjudged tone maybe?!”
@JonathanRWarner added: “Lmao, budget cuts so tight they’ve had to cut down on the tact.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
Others responded more positively and some praised them for finding the child.
@spurs_sel said: “Just wow! well done to you lot but wheres the parent?? How can you lose a child that young?”