Hackney police find toddler wandering streets
- Credit: Archant
Police have identified the parents of a toddler they found wandering the streets in Hackney – but the tone of their appeal on Twitter has divided opinion.
Officers found the Polish, blue-eyed child this morning wearing green wellies and a blue jacket and took to their @MPSHackney account to help find the parents, who they are now speaking with.
They said: “Have you lost a two/three year old child? If you have, great news! We’ve found one! Get in touch via 101 quoting CAD1809/07. #ResponseB.”
But the post has come under fire on the social media platform, with many users feeling it showed a lack of tact.
@fkaTricks said: “Delete this. Re-evaluate. Re-write.”
You may also want to watch:
@aj1_uk said: “Ummm, slightly midjudged tone maybe?!”
@JonathanRWarner added: “Lmao, budget cuts so tight they’ve had to cut down on the tact.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
Others responded more positively and some praised them for finding the child.
@spurs_sel said: “Just wow! well done to you lot but wheres the parent?? How can you lose a child that young?”