Hackney police find toddler wandering streets
- Credit: Archant
Police have identified the parents of a toddler they found wandering the streets in Hackney – but the tone of their appeal on Twitter has divided opinion.
Officers found the Polish, blue-eyed child this morning wearing green wellies and a blue jacket and took to their @MPSHackney account to help find the parents, who they are now speaking with.
They said: “Have you lost a two/three year old child? If you have, great news! We’ve found one! Get in touch via 101 quoting CAD1809/07. #ResponseB.”
But the post has come under fire on the social media platform, with many users feeling it showed a lack of tact.
@fkaTricks said: “Delete this. Re-evaluate. Re-write.”
@aj1_uk said: “Ummm, slightly midjudged tone maybe?!”
@JonathanRWarner added: “Lmao, budget cuts so tight they’ve had to cut down on the tact.”
- 1 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 2 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 3 Police launch probe into Stamford Hill flat blaze
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 8 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 9 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 10 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
Others responded more positively and some praised them for finding the child.
@spurs_sel said: “Just wow! well done to you lot but wheres the parent?? How can you lose a child that young?”