Hackney police hunt ‘vulnerable’ woman Cassandra Baxter who needs medical attention after giving birth
- Credit: police
Police in Hackney are appealing to trace a vulnerable woman who requires medical attention after giving birth in a hospital.
Cassandra Baxter, 31, left Whipps Cross Hospital against doctors’ advice at about 9.30am yesterday after giving birth to a baby the day before.
She is believed to have walked along James Lane after leaving the hospital, and was reportedly seen outside McDonalds in Mare Street, Hackney Central at about 6pm that day.
Cassandra is known to visit the Clapton and London Fields areas.
She is a black woman with short afro hair shaved on both sides, about 5ft 8inches tall and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of disappearance she was wearing dark-coloured zipped jacket with a hood, denim shirt, purple crop top, grey joggers, red socks, and black slip on shoes.
Officers are growing increasingly concerned for her well being and have urged anyone with information on Cassandra’s whereabouts to call police on 101 quoting 18MIS011001 or Missing People on 116000.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space