Hackney Police seize samurai sword and ‘Rambo’ knife in crime bust
- Credit: Archant
Police this week seized a samurai sword and “Rambo-style” combat knife in Hackney.
It was part of cops’ “pro-active” operation to tackle knife crime in the borough.
Two men were charged for drug and weapon possession offences.
A 21-year-old man was charged with possession with intent to supply Class B drugs and being in possession of criminal property. He was remanded in custody to appear before Wood Green Crown Court on September 21.
A 20-year-old man was charged with possession of an offensive weapon. He will appear in custody at Wood Green Crown Court on September 26.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Paul Ridley said: “We have been, and will continue, to work relentlessly, day and night, to target people who we believe pose a danger to the public and are involved in criminality.
“We have seized many potentially lethal weapons and drugs. We are determined to disrupt violent individuals and clearly demonstrate that this behaviour will not be tolerated on the streets of the capital.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
Hackney Police want anyone with information on anyone carrying or using weapons to call 101. Or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.