Hackney Police seize samurai sword and ‘Rambo’ knife in crime bust
- Credit: Archant
Police this week seized a samurai sword and “Rambo-style” combat knife in Hackney.
It was part of cops’ “pro-active” operation to tackle knife crime in the borough.
Two men were charged for drug and weapon possession offences.
A 21-year-old man was charged with possession with intent to supply Class B drugs and being in possession of criminal property. He was remanded in custody to appear before Wood Green Crown Court on September 21.
A 20-year-old man was charged with possession of an offensive weapon. He will appear in custody at Wood Green Crown Court on September 26.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Paul Ridley said: “We have been, and will continue, to work relentlessly, day and night, to target people who we believe pose a danger to the public and are involved in criminality.
“We have seized many potentially lethal weapons and drugs. We are determined to disrupt violent individuals and clearly demonstrate that this behaviour will not be tolerated on the streets of the capital.”
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Shoreditch man convicted of enslaving 13-year-old to sell drugs
- 10 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
Hackney Police want anyone with information on anyone carrying or using weapons to call 101. Or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.