Hackney riots - most wanted offenders
Hackney Gazette readers have helped police catch three suspected rioters who were pictured in the paper. Can you help them catch these?
A teenage boy wielding a metal bar, a young girl covering her face with a bandanna and a woman gesturing at onlookers – these are just some of the thugs police still want to catch following the riots in Hackney.
Detectives have released photos of scores of mobsters caught on CCTV cameras during the lawless violence in and around Clarence Road on Monday August 8.
Thanks to Gazette readers, officers have already tracked down three people wanted in connection with the violence, after their pictures were printed in the paper.
They have so far arrested more than 100 people during the violence and in co-ordinated raids.
You may also want to watch:
But officers working with Operation Withern want to hunt down many more for offences such as violent disorder, burglary and receiving stolen goods.
Readers are invited to look at the shots in the gallery to the right of this page.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
Hackney’s top cop, borough commander Steve Bending, said many came from Hackney, but a significant number had travelled from as far afield as Kent and Essex.
He said people in their 50’s were involved as well as youngsters - and asked Hackney residents for their help in tracing the thugs.
“Hackney has already shown that it has a strong sense of community spirit and a determination to move forward from the events of last week.”
Anyone with information should call Hackney’s Viewing Team, between 8am and 8pm, on 0207 275 4060 quoting the nominal number or reference. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.