Hackney robbers held knife to nine-year old girl’s throat
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after robbers held a knife to a nine-year old girl’s throat in Woodberry Down.
The victims, a woman in her 20s and her daughter were approached by two men as they walked to their car in Rowley Gardens, Woodberry Down, after visiting friends on Tuesday, August 26 at 1.45am.
The men armed with knives, demanded they hand over their possessions, and one held his weapon against the child’s throat.
When the child’s mother screamed and dropped her handbag – which contained bank cards and mobile phone - the suspects grabbed it and fled towards Seven Sisters Road.
The suspects are both black men, around 20 years old, and both were wearing dark hooded tops and jeans.
Det Sgt Derek Wright of Hackney CID is keen to hear from witnesses or anyone who can help the investigation.
“This was a terrifying experience for both the child and her mother,” he said.
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
Anyone who has information concerning this incident should call Hackney CID on 0207 275 3024 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 4620353/14.