Hackney robbers held knife to nine-year old girl’s throat
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after robbers held a knife to a nine-year old girl’s throat in Woodberry Down.
The victims, a woman in her 20s and her daughter were approached by two men as they walked to their car in Rowley Gardens, Woodberry Down, after visiting friends on Tuesday, August 26 at 1.45am.
The men armed with knives, demanded they hand over their possessions, and one held his weapon against the child’s throat.
When the child’s mother screamed and dropped her handbag – which contained bank cards and mobile phone - the suspects grabbed it and fled towards Seven Sisters Road.
The suspects are both black men, around 20 years old, and both were wearing dark hooded tops and jeans.
Det Sgt Derek Wright of Hackney CID is keen to hear from witnesses or anyone who can help the investigation.
“This was a terrifying experience for both the child and her mother,” he said.
- 1 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 2 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 3 Police launch probe into Stamford Hill flat blaze
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 7 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 8 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 9 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 10 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
Anyone who has information concerning this incident should call Hackney CID on 0207 275 3024 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 4620353/14.