Hackney robbers held knife to nine-year old girl’s throat
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after robbers held a knife to a nine-year old girl’s throat in Woodberry Down.
The victims, a woman in her 20s and her daughter were approached by two men as they walked to their car in Rowley Gardens, Woodberry Down, after visiting friends on Tuesday, August 26 at 1.45am.
The men armed with knives, demanded they hand over their possessions, and one held his weapon against the child’s throat.
When the child’s mother screamed and dropped her handbag – which contained bank cards and mobile phone - the suspects grabbed it and fled towards Seven Sisters Road.
The suspects are both black men, around 20 years old, and both were wearing dark hooded tops and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Derek Wright of Hackney CID is keen to hear from witnesses or anyone who can help the investigation.
“This was a terrifying experience for both the child and her mother,” he said.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
Anyone who has information concerning this incident should call Hackney CID on 0207 275 3024 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 4620353/14.