Hackney robbers held knife to nine-year old girl’s throat
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after robbers held a knife to a nine-year old girl’s throat in Woodberry Down.
The victims, a woman in her 20s and her daughter were approached by two men as they walked to their car in Rowley Gardens, Woodberry Down, after visiting friends on Tuesday, August 26 at 1.45am.
The men armed with knives, demanded they hand over their possessions, and one held his weapon against the child’s throat.
When the child’s mother screamed and dropped her handbag – which contained bank cards and mobile phone - the suspects grabbed it and fled towards Seven Sisters Road.
The suspects are both black men, around 20 years old, and both were wearing dark hooded tops and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Derek Wright of Hackney CID is keen to hear from witnesses or anyone who can help the investigation.
“This was a terrifying experience for both the child and her mother,” he said.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
Anyone who has information concerning this incident should call Hackney CID on 0207 275 3024 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 4620353/14.