Hackney’s top 10 most wanted revealed
- Credit: Archant
These are Hackney’s top 10 most wanted, who are being hunted by police in connection with a host of serious crimes.
The list, compiled by the borough’s fugitive unit, features people wanted over robberies, burglaries, violent offences, a drug deal, racial offences and recall to prison.
Det Insp Paul Ridley from Hackney CID, who is spearheading the hunt, said: “My team are actively conducting enquiries to locate these individuals who are wanted over serious offences and hate crime that has had a major and detrimental impact on peoples lives.
“The most wanted gallery was launched last month and we have already managed to apprehend five criminals.
“These offenders are still believed to be in the Hackney area. I am convinced that people will know of their whereabouts. If any of the persons recognise themselves they should attend a police station or approach an officer. Robust efforts are being made to capture these individuals.”
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Ridley said Peter Kerrigan, who absconded from the John Howard Centre psychiatric unit one year ago, was one of the most wanted.
He said: “I would reiterate to the public that Crimestoppers have provided a reward of up to £1,000 for any person that can provide information leading to his arrest.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
He continued: “The elderly female, Doreen Currie, is wanted over a hate crime. All the individuals are wanted over borough priority offences which attract a prison sentence.”
People should not approach the but dial 999 if they know of their immediate whereabouts.
If anyone has any information they should contact Hackney’s Fugitive Unit on 0207 275 3404 quoting the reference underneath their photo. If you know of there immediate whereabouts dial 999. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.