Hackney’s top 10 most wanted revealed
- Credit: Archant
These are Hackney’s top 10 most wanted, who are being hunted by police in connection with a host of serious crimes.
The list, compiled by the borough’s fugitive unit, features people wanted over robberies, burglaries, violent offences, a drug deal, racial offences and recall to prison.
Det Insp Paul Ridley from Hackney CID, who is spearheading the hunt, said: “My team are actively conducting enquiries to locate these individuals who are wanted over serious offences and hate crime that has had a major and detrimental impact on peoples lives.
“The most wanted gallery was launched last month and we have already managed to apprehend five criminals.
“These offenders are still believed to be in the Hackney area. I am convinced that people will know of their whereabouts. If any of the persons recognise themselves they should attend a police station or approach an officer. Robust efforts are being made to capture these individuals.”
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Ridley said Peter Kerrigan, who absconded from the John Howard Centre psychiatric unit one year ago, was one of the most wanted.
He said: “I would reiterate to the public that Crimestoppers have provided a reward of up to £1,000 for any person that can provide information leading to his arrest.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 5 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
He continued: “The elderly female, Doreen Currie, is wanted over a hate crime. All the individuals are wanted over borough priority offences which attract a prison sentence.”
People should not approach the but dial 999 if they know of their immediate whereabouts.
If anyone has any information they should contact Hackney’s Fugitive Unit on 0207 275 3404 quoting the reference underneath their photo. If you know of there immediate whereabouts dial 999. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.