Hackney stabbing victim who fled in car has died
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being stabbed in Stoke Newington this morning.
Police were called just after 11.30am to Marton Road where they found the man in his car.
The victim, who is believed to be aged in his 20s was taken to an east London hospital, but was later pronounced dead.
A Met spokeswoman said: “At this early stage it is believed that the victim was stabbed in nearby Oldfield Road, but got in his car and left the scene, pulling over in Marton Road where he was initially treated before going to hospital.”
Before being stabbed it is believed the victim was talking to two men in Oldfield Road, and officers are keen to hear from anyone who was in or around the area who may have seen the victim talking to them.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin have not yet been informed and enquiries to trace them are underway.
The homicide and major crime command has been informed, no arrests have been made.
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 3 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 4 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 5 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 8 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 9 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call police 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.