Hackney stabbing victim who fled in car has died
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being stabbed in Stoke Newington this morning.
Police were called just after 11.30am to Marton Road where they found the man in his car.
The victim, who is believed to be aged in his 20s was taken to an east London hospital, but was later pronounced dead.
A Met spokeswoman said: “At this early stage it is believed that the victim was stabbed in nearby Oldfield Road, but got in his car and left the scene, pulling over in Marton Road where he was initially treated before going to hospital.”
Before being stabbed it is believed the victim was talking to two men in Oldfield Road, and officers are keen to hear from anyone who was in or around the area who may have seen the victim talking to them.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin have not yet been informed and enquiries to trace them are underway.
The homicide and major crime command has been informed, no arrests have been made.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call police 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.