Hackney stabbing victim who fled in car has died
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being stabbed in Stoke Newington this morning.
Police were called just after 11.30am to Marton Road where they found the man in his car.
The victim, who is believed to be aged in his 20s was taken to an east London hospital, but was later pronounced dead.
A Met spokeswoman said: “At this early stage it is believed that the victim was stabbed in nearby Oldfield Road, but got in his car and left the scene, pulling over in Marton Road where he was initially treated before going to hospital.”
Before being stabbed it is believed the victim was talking to two men in Oldfield Road, and officers are keen to hear from anyone who was in or around the area who may have seen the victim talking to them.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin have not yet been informed and enquiries to trace them are underway.
The homicide and major crime command has been informed, no arrests have been made.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call police 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.