Haggerston man guilty of sexual assault outside Oxford Circus Tube station
- Credit: Archant
A Haggerston man has been convicted of sexually assaulting a woman outside Oxford Circus Tube station.
Daniel Omozusi, 39, of Laburnum Street, was convicted on Wednesday last week following a trial at Southwark Crown Court.
Jurors heard how in November last year he approached a woman and grabbed her buttock. The victim, 35, turned around and challenged him but he denied doing it and tried to walk off. As he did, the woman took photos of him and later handed them to police.
Det Con Faisal El Issaoui, from the Met's Central North CID, said: "The victim in this case played a significant role in bringing Omozusi to justice and we commend her for her quick thinking and reporting his actions to police, which enabled us to identify this dangerous offender."
"We hope this conviction demonstrates how seriously we take sexual offences of any nature and encourages others subject to the same behaviour to come forward and report it."
You may also want to watch:
Omozusi will be sentenced on August 2.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted