Haggerston man guilty of sexual assault outside Oxford Circus Tube station
- Credit: Archant
A Haggerston man has been convicted of sexually assaulting a woman outside Oxford Circus Tube station.
Daniel Omozusi, 39, of Laburnum Street, was convicted on Wednesday last week following a trial at Southwark Crown Court.
Jurors heard how in November last year he approached a woman and grabbed her buttock. The victim, 35, turned around and challenged him but he denied doing it and tried to walk off. As he did, the woman took photos of him and later handed them to police.
Det Con Faisal El Issaoui, from the Met's Central North CID, said: "The victim in this case played a significant role in bringing Omozusi to justice and we commend her for her quick thinking and reporting his actions to police, which enabled us to identify this dangerous offender."
"We hope this conviction demonstrates how seriously we take sexual offences of any nature and encourages others subject to the same behaviour to come forward and report it."
You may also want to watch:
Omozusi will be sentenced on August 2.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared