Have you seen Essex Police’s “most wanted man”?
- Credit: Archant
The search has spread to London for a gunman who has become Essex Police’s most wanted man.
Francis O’Donoghue, 27, is wanted for the attempted murder of two of his neighbours following a shooting on a travellers’ site off Goatswood Lane in Navestock, Essex at 3:30pm on Tuesday August 27.
Two men in their 20s from the Brentwood area are recovering from surgery after being shot in their legs and chest.
Mr O’Donoghue is urged to hand himself in to police as detectives focus their attention on travellers sites in Essex, Hertfordshire and throughout London, but it is thought that he could now be anywhere in the country.
People are warned to avoid any physical contact with him as he may be in possession of a handgun, and anyone coming into contact him is urged to call police immediately. However, there is nothing to suggest that people in the wider community are at risk of being injured.
You may also want to watch:
Francis O’Donoghue is described as white, approximately 5ft 11ins tall, of medium build, has short-brown hair, protruding ears and speaks with an Irish accent.
Anyone with information in connection with this shooting is urged to contact Essex Police on 101, email on SCDappeals@essex.pnn.police.uk or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
Anyone who knows of his whereabouts is urged to call 999.