Have you seen Essex Police’s “most wanted man”?
- Credit: Archant
The search has spread to London for a gunman who has become Essex Police’s most wanted man.
Francis O’Donoghue, 27, is wanted for the attempted murder of two of his neighbours following a shooting on a travellers’ site off Goatswood Lane in Navestock, Essex at 3:30pm on Tuesday August 27.
Two men in their 20s from the Brentwood area are recovering from surgery after being shot in their legs and chest.
Mr O’Donoghue is urged to hand himself in to police as detectives focus their attention on travellers sites in Essex, Hertfordshire and throughout London, but it is thought that he could now be anywhere in the country.
People are warned to avoid any physical contact with him as he may be in possession of a handgun, and anyone coming into contact him is urged to call police immediately. However, there is nothing to suggest that people in the wider community are at risk of being injured.
Francis O’Donoghue is described as white, approximately 5ft 11ins tall, of medium build, has short-brown hair, protruding ears and speaks with an Irish accent.
Anyone with information in connection with this shooting is urged to contact Essex Police on 101, email on SCDappeals@essex.pnn.police.uk or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 2 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 3 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 4 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 5 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
- 6 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 10 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
Anyone who knows of his whereabouts is urged to call 999.