Help police track down the last of the Hackney riot suspects
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the London riots have released another batch of suspects’ photos, with a view to increase the number of charges from 2,935 as the figure now stands.
Offenders in the London area have already been sentenced to a total of 1,650 years imprisonment for disorder during the public unrest on August 8 2011.
The average imprisonment term has been 18 months for offences including burglary, criminal damage and violent disorder.
Officers have nearly finished their job of meticulously trawling through thousands of hours of CCTV footage, as rioting and looting erupted around Clarence Road, Upper Clapton, and Mare Street in Hackney Central.
But there are still a few more names they want Gazette readers to put to faces.
You may also want to watch:
DS David Cann of riot investigation unit Operation Withern’s North East Hub said, “Eighteen months on from the 2011 disorder and we are still working hard to track down those responsible.
“I would like to thank the public and the Hackney Gazette for their continued support in helping us to identify suspects. Please help us identify many more.”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
Several suspects whose photos were published in The Gazette have even handed themselves into police, after seeing their mug-shots in the paper.
Anyone with information about the 10 suspects pictured in the photo gallery to the right, should call Operation Withern officers on 020 7275 3305, quoting the reference number beneath the photo, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.