Heavily-pregnant woman repeatedly punched in stomach during ‘vicious’ Christmas Eve attack in Homerton street
- Credit: Archant
A heavily-pregnant woman was punched repeatedly in the stomach during a chilling attack in a Homerton street on Christmas Eve.
Now, one month on, detectives say they want to speak to witnesses of the assault in Oriel Road, near Homerton Overground station, between 5pm and 5.30pm.
Police say the victim, who was seven-months pregnant, was grabbed from behind by a stranger, or strangers, and “viciously attacked”.
She was pulled to the ground by her hair, strangled and punched multiple times in her back and her abdomen, leaving her with cuts and bruises.
There is no description of the attacker or attackers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who thinks they might have seen or heard anything suspicious around the area on that day can call police on 101 quoting reference 4633760/18, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Days left to register to vote in May elections