Heavily-pregnant woman repeatedly punched in stomach during ‘vicious’ Christmas Eve attack in Homerton street
- Credit: Archant
A heavily-pregnant woman was punched repeatedly in the stomach during a chilling attack in a Homerton street on Christmas Eve.
Now, one month on, detectives say they want to speak to witnesses of the assault in Oriel Road, near Homerton Overground station, between 5pm and 5.30pm.
Police say the victim, who was seven-months pregnant, was grabbed from behind by a stranger, or strangers, and “viciously attacked”.
She was pulled to the ground by her hair, strangled and punched multiple times in her back and her abdomen, leaving her with cuts and bruises.
There is no description of the attacker or attackers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who thinks they might have seen or heard anything suspicious around the area on that day can call police on 101 quoting reference 4633760/18, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition