Homerton crash: Minicab driver suffers serious injuries after BMW collision in Wick Lane
- Credit: Archant
A mini-cab driver suffered a serious head injury after a collision with a BMW which was being followed by the police in Homerton.
The collision, which happened before 5.20am on Sunday morning in Wick Lane, saw the driver and three passengers injured. The second vehicle, a black BMW X6, had piqued the attention of a police car before it turned a corner and collided with the mini-cab.
The BMW driver and their passengers fled the scene, while the four injured people were all taken to hospital.
Police are now appealing for witnesses following a serious collision in Homerton that has left a man with serious injuries.
Det Sgt Jose Qureshi called on the driver to hand himself in. He added: "There was no consideration given to those injured in the other car, I urge you to do the right thing now and come forward.
You may also want to watch:
"In the meantime, I am particularly keen to hear from anyone who has dash-cam footage, who witnessed this incident or who can name the suspects.
Can you help? Call 0208 597 4874, tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 Shocked woman finds bugs in unopened Lidl Paprika Jar
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention