Homerton drug dealer jailed after Essex arrest
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer caught with uncut heroin and crack cocaine is behind bars.
Amara Conteh, of Homerton Road, Homerton, was in a “suspicious” car that was pulled over by police in Braintree in June last year.
As cops walked up to the car Conteh got out and ran, but was caught with two phones, 3g of heroin and almost 6g of crack in his sock. The drugs had a street value of aobut £850.
Conteh, 26, pleaded guilty to two counts of possessing class A drugs with intent to supply.
Following the sentencing investigating officer Pc Richard Philipsen said: “We will not tolerate those who are intent on coming to our county to commit crime.
“We know who the drug dealers are, we know where they operate, who they associate with and even the vehicles they drive. It is only a matter of time before you can expect to be arrested by us.
“We will not stop in our relentless pursuit.”
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 8 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 9 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 10 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon