Homerton man charged over Morning Lane crash
- Credit: Archant
A Homerton man has been charged with a string of offences after a crash in Morning Lane on Friday.
Kareem Thomas, 28, of Balance Road, is accused of failing to stop after a collision, dangerous driving, no insurance, driving not accordance with his licence and having a pointed and bladed article.
Police watched a driver going the wrong way down a one-way street before hitting a tipper lorry and a van after officers had signalled for him to stop. He than ran off.
London Ambulance Service took two men to hospital with back injuries after firefighters freed one from the van.
Thomas appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Saturday and was bailed to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on September 29.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call Hackney police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta