Homerton man charged over Morning Lane crash
- Credit: Archant
A Homerton man has been charged with a string of offences after a crash in Morning Lane on Friday.
Kareem Thomas, 28, of Balance Road, is accused of failing to stop after a collision, dangerous driving, no insurance, driving not accordance with his licence and having a pointed and bladed article.
Police watched a driver going the wrong way down a one-way street before hitting a tipper lorry and a van after officers had signalled for him to stop. He than ran off.
London Ambulance Service took two men to hospital with back injuries after firefighters freed one from the van.
Thomas appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Saturday and was bailed to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on September 29.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call Hackney police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder