Homerton shooting: Man, 28, fighting for his life after being shot by armed cop as officer stabbed in domestic disturbance
- Credit: @999London on Twitter
A man is fighting for his life after being shot by police responding to reports that a suspect was “armed with knives and making threats to kill”.
An officer was also stabbed during the “domestic disturbance” in Knights Close, Homerton just before 10pm last night.
A 28-year-old man was shot by specialist firearms officers who had been deployed to the scene.
He was taken to an east London hospital, where he currently remains.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “At this time his condition has been assessed as life-threatening. The officer’s injury is not believed to be life-threatening. He has not been hospitalised. There are no other reported injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards has been informed, and the Independent Office for Police Conduct has launched an independent investigation.
- 1 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 7 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 8 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 9 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted