Homerton shooting: Man, 28, fighting for his life after being shot by armed cop as officer stabbed in domestic disturbance
- Credit: @999London on Twitter
A man is fighting for his life after being shot by police responding to reports that a suspect was “armed with knives and making threats to kill”.
An officer was also stabbed during the “domestic disturbance” in Knights Close, Homerton just before 10pm last night.
A 28-year-old man was shot by specialist firearms officers who had been deployed to the scene.
He was taken to an east London hospital, where he currently remains.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “At this time his condition has been assessed as life-threatening. The officer’s injury is not believed to be life-threatening. He has not been hospitalised. There are no other reported injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards has been informed, and the Independent Office for Police Conduct has launched an independent investigation.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'