Homerton shooting: Man, 28, fighting for his life after being shot by armed cop as officer stabbed in domestic disturbance
- Credit: @999London on Twitter
A man is fighting for his life after being shot by police responding to reports that a suspect was “armed with knives and making threats to kill”.
An officer was also stabbed during the “domestic disturbance” in Knights Close, Homerton just before 10pm last night.
A 28-year-old man was shot by specialist firearms officers who had been deployed to the scene.
He was taken to an east London hospital, where he currently remains.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “At this time his condition has been assessed as life-threatening. The officer’s injury is not believed to be life-threatening. He has not been hospitalised. There are no other reported injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards has been informed, and the Independent Office for Police Conduct has launched an independent investigation.
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 9 Trick or Eat returns to help Hackney Foodbank
- 10 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney