Homerton shooting: Man, 28, fighting for his life after being shot by armed cop as officer stabbed in domestic disturbance
- Credit: @999London on Twitter
A man is fighting for his life after being shot by police responding to reports that a suspect was “armed with knives and making threats to kill”.
An officer was also stabbed during the “domestic disturbance” in Knights Close, Homerton just before 10pm last night.
A 28-year-old man was shot by specialist firearms officers who had been deployed to the scene.
He was taken to an east London hospital, where he currently remains.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “At this time his condition has been assessed as life-threatening. The officer’s injury is not believed to be life-threatening. He has not been hospitalised. There are no other reported injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards has been informed, and the Independent Office for Police Conduct has launched an independent investigation.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney