Homerton stabbing: Man chased and knifed by gang is fighting for his life
- Credit: Archant
A man who was chased and stabbed repeatedly by a gang of thugs is fighting for his life in hospital.
Police and the London Ambulance Service raced to the scene in Harrowgate Road, Homerton, last night just after 6pm.
The victim, a man in his 20s, was found suffering a “number of stab wounds” according to Scotland Yard.
He is in an east London hospital with “life-threatening injuries”.
A spokesman for the Met said: “At this early stage detectives believe that the victim was chased by a number of individuals before being stabbed. They made off from the scene shortly afterwards.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for witnesses. Anyone who witnessed the stabbing or has any information is asked to call detectives at Hackney CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Another man, in his 30s, was left fighting for his life after he was stabbed in Kingsland High Street, Dalston, at 5am on Sunday. He has since pulled through, and is recovering in hospital.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year