Hoxton attempted rape: Police appeal for help finding man in relation to attack on woman
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for help identifying a man in connection with an attempted rape in Hoxton.
A woman in her 20s reported being attacked in Hoxton Street at 5.45 in the morning of March 7.
She had been approached from behind by a male, who then chased her, dragged her to the floor and attempted to rape her, police said.
The woman managed to break free and shout for help, scaring off the suspect, who then fled the scene.
Detectives are now keen to speak to a man seen on CCTV in Kingsland High Street around two minutes before the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Duncan Brown said: “This is a serious incident and we are extremely keen to identify and speak to the man in the CCTV images. If you recognise him, it is imperative that you let us know immediately.”
Anyone who believes they know the identity of the man is asked to call police on 101 or contact Scotland Yard via Twitter @MetCC, quoting the reference number CAD 1622/7 March.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs