Hoxton attempted rape: Police appeal for help finding man in relation to attack on woman
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for help identifying a man in connection with an attempted rape in Hoxton.
A woman in her 20s reported being attacked in Hoxton Street at 5.45 in the morning of March 7.
She had been approached from behind by a male, who then chased her, dragged her to the floor and attempted to rape her, police said.
The woman managed to break free and shout for help, scaring off the suspect, who then fled the scene.
Detectives are now keen to speak to a man seen on CCTV in Kingsland High Street around two minutes before the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Duncan Brown said: “This is a serious incident and we are extremely keen to identify and speak to the man in the CCTV images. If you recognise him, it is imperative that you let us know immediately.”
Anyone who believes they know the identity of the man is asked to call police on 101 or contact Scotland Yard via Twitter @MetCC, quoting the reference number CAD 1622/7 March.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors