Hoxton balaclava stab attack - witnesses wanted
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses and information to help identify a balaclava-clad thug who stabbed a man in the leg in broad daylight.
The alleged attack happened three weeks ago on Monday August 22 near Hoxton Overground Station, underneath the railway bridge which crosses Dunloe Street.
A 31-year old man saw a man wearing a balaclava with eye and mouth openings standing under the bridge at around 10am, and started to walk away when he suddenly felt the man’s hand on his shoulder.
The suspect pushed the victim and a struggle ensued, resulting in the suspect punching the victim in the head and stabbing him in the leg.
The victim managed to break free and despite his injuries he ran towards Hackney Road, where he finally managed to lose the suspect who was chasing him.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to trace a white male cyclist aged around 40 with collar length brown hair, who was riding along Dunloe Street at the time.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Rhodri Gardner, of Hackney CID, on 0207 275 3232 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number CR4622647/11.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.