Hoxton balaclava stab attack - witnesses wanted
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses and information to help identify a balaclava-clad thug who stabbed a man in the leg in broad daylight.
The alleged attack happened three weeks ago on Monday August 22 near Hoxton Overground Station, underneath the railway bridge which crosses Dunloe Street.
A 31-year old man saw a man wearing a balaclava with eye and mouth openings standing under the bridge at around 10am, and started to walk away when he suddenly felt the man’s hand on his shoulder.
The suspect pushed the victim and a struggle ensued, resulting in the suspect punching the victim in the head and stabbing him in the leg.
The victim managed to break free and despite his injuries he ran towards Hackney Road, where he finally managed to lose the suspect who was chasing him.
Police are keen to trace a white male cyclist aged around 40 with collar length brown hair, who was riding along Dunloe Street at the time.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Rhodri Gardner, of Hackney CID, on 0207 275 3232 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number CR4622647/11.
- 1 Jailed: Man chased teenager and stabbed him in back in Lower Clapton
- 2 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 3 Cardboard boxes causing delays in and around Hackney Wick
- 4 Hackney girls school gets 'good' Ofsted after 'inadequate' rating
- 5 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 6 ‘Messy, blundering, inconsiderate’ - Hackney mayor slams police over Dalston op violence
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 9 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
Alternatively email email@example.com quoting the reference number.