Hoxton balaclava stab attack - witnesses wanted
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses and information to help identify a balaclava-clad thug who stabbed a man in the leg in broad daylight.
The alleged attack happened three weeks ago on Monday August 22 near Hoxton Overground Station, underneath the railway bridge which crosses Dunloe Street.
A 31-year old man saw a man wearing a balaclava with eye and mouth openings standing under the bridge at around 10am, and started to walk away when he suddenly felt the man’s hand on his shoulder.
The suspect pushed the victim and a struggle ensued, resulting in the suspect punching the victim in the head and stabbing him in the leg.
The victim managed to break free and despite his injuries he ran towards Hackney Road, where he finally managed to lose the suspect who was chasing him.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to trace a white male cyclist aged around 40 with collar length brown hair, who was riding along Dunloe Street at the time.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Rhodri Gardner, of Hackney CID, on 0207 275 3232 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number CR4622647/11.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
Alternatively email email@example.com quoting the reference number.