Hoxton balaclava stab attack - witnesses wanted
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses and information to help identify a balaclava-clad thug who stabbed a man in the leg in broad daylight.
The alleged attack happened three weeks ago on Monday August 22 near Hoxton Overground Station, underneath the railway bridge which crosses Dunloe Street.
A 31-year old man saw a man wearing a balaclava with eye and mouth openings standing under the bridge at around 10am, and started to walk away when he suddenly felt the man’s hand on his shoulder.
The suspect pushed the victim and a struggle ensued, resulting in the suspect punching the victim in the head and stabbing him in the leg.
The victim managed to break free and despite his injuries he ran towards Hackney Road, where he finally managed to lose the suspect who was chasing him.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to trace a white male cyclist aged around 40 with collar length brown hair, who was riding along Dunloe Street at the time.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Rhodri Gardner, of Hackney CID, on 0207 275 3232 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number CR4622647/11.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.