Hoxton Pensioner zapped six times in attack fights off hapless robber
71-year-old electrocuted in neck beats bungling robber into fleeing.
A ROBBER who electrocuted a 71-year-old man six times in a bungled robbery fled in terror when the plucky pensioner shrugged off the assault and rained down punches on the thug.
The hapless crook tried to force his way in to the Arden Estate, in Hoxton, home of the man after knocking at around 8.30pm on Friday October 15.
The hardy septuagenarian answered the door and found a white man, 25, 5ft 9ins tall of slim build with brown mousy hair standing there asking if he had a leak.
When the victim told him he did not, the thug threw a number of punches at the resident and tried to enter the home.
You may also want to watch:
The 71-year-old dodged the first punch and began throwing haymakers at the terror who, realising he had bitten off more than he could chew, pulled out a stun gun and shocked the man six times in the neck.
This did not put the man off his stride who continued to hammer down blows on his assailant who ran off with his tail between his legs.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 10 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
He was last seen walking off into Minton Street.
The victim was taken to hospital as a precaution but released soon after.
Martial arts teacher and expert Bob Breen, 61, of Bob Breen Academy in Falkirk Street, Hoxton, said: “Absolutely I would congratulate this guy, he is fantastic. This is great stuff. He has landed a blow for righteousness and for older people.
“I think it is all about your attitude and not getting older in the mind. I’m 61 and still sparring with people.
“Hopefully the person who tried this will have a new opinion of older people and change his life.”
Police are appealing for help in tracking down the thug who was wearing a black three-quarter-length coat, a scarf and blue jeans and was carrying a white plastic bag.
DI Rob Plumb, Hackney’s Robbery Squad, said: “It’s a nasty attack on a gentleman in his own home. He is doing very well and he is trying to put it behind him.
“It is very unusual for this to happen and we would appeal for any witness or people with information to come forward.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Catherine Mason on 0207 275 3232 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.