Hoxton Pensioner zapped six times in attack fights off hapless robber
71-year-old electrocuted in neck beats bungling robber into fleeing.
A ROBBER who electrocuted a 71-year-old man six times in a bungled robbery fled in terror when the plucky pensioner shrugged off the assault and rained down punches on the thug.
The hapless crook tried to force his way in to the Arden Estate, in Hoxton, home of the man after knocking at around 8.30pm on Friday October 15.
The hardy septuagenarian answered the door and found a white man, 25, 5ft 9ins tall of slim build with brown mousy hair standing there asking if he had a leak.
When the victim told him he did not, the thug threw a number of punches at the resident and tried to enter the home.
The 71-year-old dodged the first punch and began throwing haymakers at the terror who, realising he had bitten off more than he could chew, pulled out a stun gun and shocked the man six times in the neck.
This did not put the man off his stride who continued to hammer down blows on his assailant who ran off with his tail between his legs.
- 1 Children hospitalised in Stamford Hill house fire involving candles
- 2 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 7 Drivers and assistants for special needs pupils vote to strike after council 'brush off'
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Acapella choir to debut at Hackney's Round Chapel
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
He was last seen walking off into Minton Street.
The victim was taken to hospital as a precaution but released soon after.
Martial arts teacher and expert Bob Breen, 61, of Bob Breen Academy in Falkirk Street, Hoxton, said: “Absolutely I would congratulate this guy, he is fantastic. This is great stuff. He has landed a blow for righteousness and for older people.
“I think it is all about your attitude and not getting older in the mind. I’m 61 and still sparring with people.
“Hopefully the person who tried this will have a new opinion of older people and change his life.”
Police are appealing for help in tracking down the thug who was wearing a black three-quarter-length coat, a scarf and blue jeans and was carrying a white plastic bag.
DI Rob Plumb, Hackney’s Robbery Squad, said: “It’s a nasty attack on a gentleman in his own home. He is doing very well and he is trying to put it behind him.
“It is very unusual for this to happen and we would appeal for any witness or people with information to come forward.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Catherine Mason on 0207 275 3232 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.