Hoxton raid uncovers £10,000 card fraudsters
- Credit: Adebayor Emmanuel
Three bank card fraudsters have been jailed for using buying nearly £10,000 worth of goods following a raid in Hoxton.
Lateef Ajeniya, Seyi Runsewe and Adebayo George were found in possession of four laptop computers containing the details of over 3500 debit and credit cards following a raid at Mr George’s home in Hemsworth Court, Hobbs Place Estate, Hemsworth Street, led by the banking industry-sponsored Dedicated Cheque and Plastic Crime Unit (DCPCU).
Online orders of alcohol and cigarettes were included in the £10,000 bill they racked up.
On Friday September 6 they were all sentenced for theft at the Old Bailey.
George, 28, received a sentence of two years and six months, with Runsewe, 25, from Westcliff on Sea, Essex and Ajeniya, 26, from Chiswick, both sentenced for two years three months.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Dave Carter, Head of the DCPCU, said: “These criminals stole the personal financial details of thousands of individuals and used them for their own fraudulent activities.
“Today’s sentence sends a clear message to others that our specialist unit is working hard to identify and take out of circulation the perpetrators of such crimes.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
Established 11 years ago the DCPCU has reduced fraud by over £400 million in that time.