Hoxton stabbing: Boy, 12, arrested on suspicion of knifing 13-year-old
A 12-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of stabbing a 13-year-old.
Police were called to the scene in Kingsland Road at 4.55pm yesterday, at the junction with Whiston Road, to reports of a boy suffering from a stab injury.
The victim was rushed to hospital where he is still being treated.
His injuries are not life-threatening, according to Scotland Yard.
A 12-year old boy later attended an east London police station. He was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard could not say whether he had been remanded in custody or released on bail.
Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club