Hoxton stabbing: Boy, 12, arrested on suspicion of knifing 13-year-old
A 12-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of stabbing a 13-year-old.
Police were called to the scene in Kingsland Road at 4.55pm yesterday, at the junction with Whiston Road, to reports of a boy suffering from a stab injury.
The victim was rushed to hospital where he is still being treated.
His injuries are not life-threatening, according to Scotland Yard.
A 12-year old boy later attended an east London police station. He was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard could not say whether he had been remanded in custody or released on bail.
Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta