Jail for Haggerston thief caught with 38 phones down his trousers
- Credit: West Midlands Police
A thief who stuffed 38 stolen mobile phones down his trousers at a Libertines concert has been jailed for three years.
Emanuel Paraschiv, of Clarissa Street, Haggerston and his accomplice Marius Buzura, of Longbridge Road, Barking, were spotted acting suspiciously at the Birmingham’s Barclaycard Arena gig on Wednesday, January 27.
Officers later found 38 mobiles stuffed down Paraschiv’s trousers.
The pair, both 30, admitted conspiracy to steal and were sentenced at Birmingham Crown Court on Friday.
Insp Gareth Morris said: “It’s an unfortunately reality that large crowds at concerts such as this make rich pickings for career criminals.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hot on the heels of these offenders but you can also reduce your chances of falling victim to such crimes by remaining extra vigilant when attending busy events.”
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 3 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 4 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers