Jail for Haggerston thief caught with 38 phones down his trousers
- Credit: West Midlands Police
A thief who stuffed 38 stolen mobile phones down his trousers at a Libertines concert has been jailed for three years.
Emanuel Paraschiv, of Clarissa Street, Haggerston and his accomplice Marius Buzura, of Longbridge Road, Barking, were spotted acting suspiciously at the Birmingham’s Barclaycard Arena gig on Wednesday, January 27.
Officers later found 38 mobiles stuffed down Paraschiv’s trousers.
The pair, both 30, admitted conspiracy to steal and were sentenced at Birmingham Crown Court on Friday.
Insp Gareth Morris said: “It’s an unfortunately reality that large crowds at concerts such as this make rich pickings for career criminals.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hot on the heels of these offenders but you can also reduce your chances of falling victim to such crimes by remaining extra vigilant when attending busy events.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 6 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 7 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 8 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 10 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods