Jail for Haggerston thief caught with 38 phones down his trousers
- Credit: West Midlands Police
A thief who stuffed 38 stolen mobile phones down his trousers at a Libertines concert has been jailed for three years.
Emanuel Paraschiv, of Clarissa Street, Haggerston and his accomplice Marius Buzura, of Longbridge Road, Barking, were spotted acting suspiciously at the Birmingham’s Barclaycard Arena gig on Wednesday, January 27.
Officers later found 38 mobiles stuffed down Paraschiv’s trousers.
The pair, both 30, admitted conspiracy to steal and were sentenced at Birmingham Crown Court on Friday.
Insp Gareth Morris said: “It’s an unfortunately reality that large crowds at concerts such as this make rich pickings for career criminals.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hot on the heels of these offenders but you can also reduce your chances of falling victim to such crimes by remaining extra vigilant when attending busy events.”
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney