Jail for Stoke Newington bike thief who stole woman’s phone – but left his own at the scene
- Credit: Archant
A bungling robber is today behind bars after he stole a woman’s phone – but left his own at the scene.
Mark Mick, 30, snatched the phone from the 30-year-old victim after cycling up behind her in Clissold Crescent, Stoke Newington, in December.
The woman grabbed hold of him to try and get it back, but was punched in the side of the head and knocked backwards.
Mick then fled the scene, but not before dropping his own phone in the struggle.
Police couldn’t believe their luck when they arrived to find it on the floor, and were able to identify him as a result.
Mick was eventually nicked in March and picked out in an identity parade by the woman before being charged with robbery.
He pleaded guilty and was sentenced yesterday to three years and four months in jail at Wood Green Crown Court.
- 1 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 2 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 3 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 4 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 5 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 6 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 7 Jailed: Hackney man sentenced for fatal hit-and-run
- 8 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 9 Teenage girls arrested after incident in Kingsland High Street
- 10 Hackney man wanted by Surrey Police
Det Con Scott Johnson of Hackney CID, said: “Mick robbed a lone woman and used violence to carry out the theft.
“Thankfully he left his own phone at the scene and we were able to identify him as a suspect and arrest him.
“With the assistance of the victim we were able gather all the necessary evidence to charge him and I would like to thank her for her support and courage in bringing this man to justice.”