Diane Abbott’s son charged over alleged assaults at Royal Free and Homerton Hospitals
- Credit: Archant
The son of an MP has been charged with a string of assaults – including at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead and Homerton Hospital.
James Abbott-Thompson, the only son of long-serving Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott, appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court on New Year's Eve facing 11 criminal charges.
Abbott-Thompson, 28, is charged with nine assaults, exposure, and racially-aggravated criminal damage. He has yet to enter pleas to the charges.
Two of the alleged assaults took place at the Royal Free Hospital on August 7 last year, while four took place at Homerton Hospital, in July, October, November and as recently as December 23.
Another took place at Mile End Hospital on August 2.
You may also want to watch:
Further assaults are alleged to have occurred in Middleton Road and another location in Hackney. He is alleged to have exposed himself and committed the criminal damage at Homerton Hospital on November 7.
Abbott-Thompson will next appear at Wood Green Crown Court on January 28.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse