Diane Abbott’s son charged over alleged assaults at Royal Free and Homerton Hospitals
- Credit: Archant
The son of an MP has been charged with a string of assaults – including at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead and Homerton Hospital.
James Abbott-Thompson, the only son of long-serving Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott, appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court on New Year's Eve facing 11 criminal charges.
Abbott-Thompson, 28, is charged with nine assaults, exposure, and racially-aggravated criminal damage. He has yet to enter pleas to the charges.
Two of the alleged assaults took place at the Royal Free Hospital on August 7 last year, while four took place at Homerton Hospital, in July, October, November and as recently as December 23.
Another took place at Mile End Hospital on August 2.
You may also want to watch:
Further assaults are alleged to have occurred in Middleton Road and another location in Hackney. He is alleged to have exposed himself and committed the criminal damage at Homerton Hospital on November 7.
Abbott-Thompson will next appear at Wood Green Crown Court on January 28.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 10 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas