Diane Abbott’s son charged over alleged assaults at Royal Free and Homerton Hospitals
- Credit: Archant
The son of an MP has been charged with a string of assaults – including at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead and Homerton Hospital.
James Abbott-Thompson, the only son of long-serving Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott, appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court on New Year's Eve facing 11 criminal charges.
Abbott-Thompson, 28, is charged with nine assaults, exposure, and racially-aggravated criminal damage. He has yet to enter pleas to the charges.
Two of the alleged assaults took place at the Royal Free Hospital on August 7 last year, while four took place at Homerton Hospital, in July, October, November and as recently as December 23.
Another took place at Mile End Hospital on August 2.
You may also want to watch:
Further assaults are alleged to have occurred in Middleton Road and another location in Hackney. He is alleged to have exposed himself and committed the criminal damage at Homerton Hospital on November 7.
Abbott-Thompson will next appear at Wood Green Crown Court on January 28.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school