Jewish 13-year-old reports racist abuse on bus in Stamford Hill
- Credit: Shomrim Stamford Hill
A 13-year-old has reported becoming the victim of antisemitic abuse in Stamford Hill.
On June 14 at about 1.20pm, a teenager reported that he was on the upper deck of a 254 bus in Braydon Road when a man stood up and shouted racist abuse.
Police officers were called and found the teenager taking refuge at a friend’s house nearby.
No one has been arrested.
Shomrim, a voluntary neighbourhood watch which specialises in supporting the victims of hate crime, highlighted the incident on Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, using reference 4044/14/06/20.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney poet captures readers' lockdown turmoil in verse