Jewish 13-year-old reports racist abuse on bus in Stamford Hill
- Credit: Shomrim Stamford Hill
A 13-year-old has reported becoming the victim of antisemitic abuse in Stamford Hill.
On June 14 at about 1.20pm, a teenager reported that he was on the upper deck of a 254 bus in Braydon Road when a man stood up and shouted racist abuse.
Police officers were called and found the teenager taking refuge at a friend’s house nearby.
No one has been arrested.
Shomrim, a voluntary neighbourhood watch which specialises in supporting the victims of hate crime, highlighted the incident on Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, using reference 4044/14/06/20.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'