John Howard centre absconder spotted at Westfield
- Credit: Archant
The latest absconder to go AWOL from a “secure” mental health unit has been spotted at Westfield shopping centre.
Schizophrenic Jason Peirara, 32, absconded whilst on escorted leave from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton, on Tuesday afternoon at 1.30pm.
The Asian male from East Ham, who is of stocky build, 6ft 1ins tall with dark hair, went missing at Hackney Central Overground station, and was wearing a blue shirt, black trousers and lime green trainers with a pink tick.
Police have now released images of him captured on CCTV at 3pm yesterday in Westfield, Stratford.
Police have urged the public not to approach Peirara, who suffers from schizophrenia, but to call them immediately on 101 if he is sighted.
You may also want to watch:
Peirara is the latest in a long string of high profile offenders who have gone AWOL.
Peter Kerrigan, 26, an Irish Traveller who was dubbed one of ‘Britain’s most prolific burglars’ when he was jailed aged 17 gave his minders the slip in March and is still on the run.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
Anthony Abolarionwa, 22 - a patient at the John Howard Centre since 2010 after he was declared unfit for trial after attempting to kidnap a stranger and falsely imprison them - gave his minders the slip in April.