John Howard centre absconder spotted at Westfield
- Credit: Archant
The latest absconder to go AWOL from a “secure” mental health unit has been spotted at Westfield shopping centre.
Schizophrenic Jason Peirara, 32, absconded whilst on escorted leave from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton, on Tuesday afternoon at 1.30pm.
The Asian male from East Ham, who is of stocky build, 6ft 1ins tall with dark hair, went missing at Hackney Central Overground station, and was wearing a blue shirt, black trousers and lime green trainers with a pink tick.
Police have now released images of him captured on CCTV at 3pm yesterday in Westfield, Stratford.
Police have urged the public not to approach Peirara, who suffers from schizophrenia, but to call them immediately on 101 if he is sighted.
Peirara is the latest in a long string of high profile offenders who have gone AWOL.
Peter Kerrigan, 26, an Irish Traveller who was dubbed one of ‘Britain’s most prolific burglars’ when he was jailed aged 17 gave his minders the slip in March and is still on the run.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 3 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 7 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 8 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 9 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 10 Architecture review: 'Contemporary Hackney and revolutionary Russia?'
Anthony Abolarionwa, 22 - a patient at the John Howard Centre since 2010 after he was declared unfit for trial after attempting to kidnap a stranger and falsely imprison them - gave his minders the slip in April.