John Howard centre absconder spotted at Westfield
- Credit: Archant
The latest absconder to go AWOL from a “secure” mental health unit has been spotted at Westfield shopping centre.
Schizophrenic Jason Peirara, 32, absconded whilst on escorted leave from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton, on Tuesday afternoon at 1.30pm.
The Asian male from East Ham, who is of stocky build, 6ft 1ins tall with dark hair, went missing at Hackney Central Overground station, and was wearing a blue shirt, black trousers and lime green trainers with a pink tick.
Police have now released images of him captured on CCTV at 3pm yesterday in Westfield, Stratford.
Police have urged the public not to approach Peirara, who suffers from schizophrenia, but to call them immediately on 101 if he is sighted.
You may also want to watch:
Peirara is the latest in a long string of high profile offenders who have gone AWOL.
Peter Kerrigan, 26, an Irish Traveller who was dubbed one of ‘Britain’s most prolific burglars’ when he was jailed aged 17 gave his minders the slip in March and is still on the run.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
Anthony Abolarionwa, 22 - a patient at the John Howard Centre since 2010 after he was declared unfit for trial after attempting to kidnap a stranger and falsely imprison them - gave his minders the slip in April.