Kingsland Road bar attack: Police release CCTV image after woman assaulted in Hackney
- Credit: Met Police
Police have released the image of a man they want to trace in connection with a violent assault in Hackney.
The victim was standing in the smoking area of a bar in Kingsland Road, Haggerston just after 1am on September 13 when a man approached and tried to speak to her, but she refused to engage.
He then jumped over a fence and rushed at her before punching her several times in the face and fled the scene.
She was left with a large cut to her cheek and required hospital treatment.
Police now want to speak to the man in the CCTV image who they believe can help with their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Pc Kyri Soupashis said: “While we appreciate the image isn’t the clearest quality, I believe someone out there will recognise this man and be able to tell us who he is.
“This was a frightening and cowardly attack and it is imperative we find the person responsible.”
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
Anyone with information that could help police is asked to call 101 ref CAD571/13SEP20, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.