Kingsland Road bar attack: Police release CCTV image after woman assaulted in Hackney
- Credit: Met Police
Police have released the image of a man they want to trace in connection with a violent assault in Hackney.
The victim was standing in the smoking area of a bar in Kingsland Road, Haggerston just after 1am on September 13 when a man approached and tried to speak to her, but she refused to engage.
He then jumped over a fence and rushed at her before punching her several times in the face and fled the scene.
She was left with a large cut to her cheek and required hospital treatment.
Police now want to speak to the man in the CCTV image who they believe can help with their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Pc Kyri Soupashis said: “While we appreciate the image isn’t the clearest quality, I believe someone out there will recognise this man and be able to tell us who he is.
“This was a frightening and cowardly attack and it is imperative we find the person responsible.”
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney poet captures readers' lockdown turmoil in verse
Anyone with information that could help police is asked to call 101 ref CAD571/13SEP20, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.