Kingsland Road murder: Man in 20s stabbed to death
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed to death in Kingsland Road this morning.
Police and medics were called to the scene, at the junction with Waterson Street, at 6.30am. The air ambulance was also sent.
The victim, in his 20s, was taken to hospital in critical condition but died hours later.
His next of kin have been informed.
The road has been taped off between Waterston Street and Old Street and drivers have been told to avoid the area.
It is the eighth murder investigation launched in Hackney this year, and the victim becomes the sixth to be stabbed to death.
Daniel Frederick, Yaya Mbye, Tyrone Silcott, Abraham Badru, Bobby Awofeso, Israel Ogunsola and Elyon Poku are the other victims.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 5 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 6 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Siegfried: 'An epic of loneliness and self-doubt'
- 9 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 10 Apothecary: Japanese-inspired small plates combine with Shoreditch vibes
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting CAD 1802 of November 24 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You can also tweet police via @MetCC