Kingsland Road murder: Man in 20s stabbed to death
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed to death in Kingsland Road this morning.
Police and medics were called to the scene, at the junction with Waterson Street, at 6.30am. The air ambulance was also sent.
The victim, in his 20s, was taken to hospital in critical condition but died hours later.
His next of kin have been informed.
The road has been taped off between Waterston Street and Old Street and drivers have been told to avoid the area.
It is the eighth murder investigation launched in Hackney this year, and the victim becomes the sixth to be stabbed to death.
Daniel Frederick, Yaya Mbye, Tyrone Silcott, Abraham Badru, Bobby Awofeso, Israel Ogunsola and Elyon Poku are the other victims.
- 1 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 2 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
- 3 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 4 'Major victory': Ridley Road Shopping Village's future secured
- 5 Hackney council home tenants to see rents increase
- 6 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 7 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 8 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 9 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 10 Upper Clapton college celebrates recovery after glowing Ofsted report
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting CAD 1802 of November 24 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You can also tweet police via @MetCC