Kingsland Road murder: Man in 20s stabbed to death
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed to death in Kingsland Road this morning.
Police and medics were called to the scene, at the junction with Waterson Street, at 6.30am. The air ambulance was also sent.
The victim, in his 20s, was taken to hospital in critical condition but died hours later.
His next of kin have been informed.
The road has been taped off between Waterston Street and Old Street and drivers have been told to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
It is the eighth murder investigation launched in Hackney this year, and the victim becomes the sixth to be stabbed to death.
Daniel Frederick, Yaya Mbye, Tyrone Silcott, Abraham Badru, Bobby Awofeso, Israel Ogunsola and Elyon Poku are the other victims.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 6 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting CAD 1802 of November 24 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You can also tweet police via @MetCC