Kingsland Road murder: Man in 20s stabbed to death
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed to death in Kingsland Road this morning.
Police and medics were called to the scene, at the junction with Waterson Street, at 6.30am. The air ambulance was also sent.
The victim, in his 20s, was taken to hospital in critical condition but died hours later.
His next of kin have been informed.
The road has been taped off between Waterston Street and Old Street and drivers have been told to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
It is the eighth murder investigation launched in Hackney this year, and the victim becomes the sixth to be stabbed to death.
Daniel Frederick, Yaya Mbye, Tyrone Silcott, Abraham Badru, Bobby Awofeso, Israel Ogunsola and Elyon Poku are the other victims.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting CAD 1802 of November 24 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You can also tweet police via @MetCC