Kingsland Road shooting: Injured man found in De Beauvoir Square
- Credit: Google Streetview
A 20-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a 27-year-old was shot in Dalston.
Armed police swooped on Kingsland Road at 1am yesterday morning after reports shots had been fired.
The victim was found suffering gunshot injuries in De Beauvoir Square.
He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition, Scotland Yard said.
A 20-year-old man was arrested nearby on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries continue to establish the exact scene of the shooting.
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting reference 517/22 July.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing