Kingsland Road stabbing: Police arrest woman in relation to Zakaria Bukar Sharif Ali’s death
- Credit: police
The police have arrested an 18 year old woman in relation to Saturday’s fatal stabbing in Kingsland Road and repeated their appeal for public help to identify two suspects.
The attack saw father-of-two Zakaria Bukar Sharif Ali, 26, stabbed after intervening in a fight outside of the Rolling Stock bar in Kingsland Road.
The incident took place shortly before 6am as he was just leaving the bar.
The woman has been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, while the police are still searching for two men over the incident.
One suspect is described as an olive-skinned, stocky man in his 20s with short hair. The second is white, about 6ft tall and heavy-set, and has fair-ginger hair and a fluffy beard.
You may also want to watch:
DI Rita Tierney is leading the investigation. She said: “This is a busy and popular area of London. I know that there are people who witnessed the incident or have information concerning the identity of the suspects.
“I urge those people to call the incident room without delay.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 9 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
“My officers are currently reviewing CCTV and forensic enquiries are underway, but we need help from the public to fill in the gaps – what was the sequence of events that began with a night out and ended in Zakaria’s tragic death?”
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 3865, Tweet @MetCC or call 101.
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
In the days since his death, friends have launched a crowdfunder to pay for Zakaria’s funeral costs and help support his wife and two children.
See the crowdfunding page at bit.ly/2TUhpv0.