Kingsland Shopping Centre jeweller attacked with mirror and bin and punched in head during terrifying raid
- Credit: Archant
A jeweller feared he would lose the sight in his eye when a gang of thugs raided his Dalston stall, attacking him with a mirror and punching him in the head.
Bülent Tanriverdi has shared a video of the horrific attack which took place at 10am on May 11 in the Kingsland Shopping Centre in the hope of tracing the attackers – who are still at large.
One of the four men, who were all wearing hoodies and baseball caps, can be seen throwing the punch before another one holds a bin menacingly above his head.
Mr Tanriverdi told the Gazette one man had asked for a £20 necklace to be reduced to £10, and said he had offered a £3 discount instead.
“They attacked me suddenly,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Four guys attacked me with the mirror. One of them punched me and for a week I couldn’t see.
“They threw the bin and the police got the fingerprints.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Mr Tanriverdi, who was taken to Homerton Hospital by ambulance, described how he now sometimes feels scared to come to work.
Police said no one had been arrested over the raid.
Anyone with information is asked to call Hackney CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.