Kingsland Shopping Centre jeweller attacked with mirror and bin and punched in head during terrifying raid
- Credit: Archant
A jeweller feared he would lose the sight in his eye when a gang of thugs raided his Dalston stall, attacking him with a mirror and punching him in the head.
Bülent Tanriverdi has shared a video of the horrific attack which took place at 10am on May 11 in the Kingsland Shopping Centre in the hope of tracing the attackers – who are still at large.
One of the four men, who were all wearing hoodies and baseball caps, can be seen throwing the punch before another one holds a bin menacingly above his head.
Mr Tanriverdi told the Gazette one man had asked for a £20 necklace to be reduced to £10, and said he had offered a £3 discount instead.
“They attacked me suddenly,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Four guys attacked me with the mirror. One of them punched me and for a week I couldn’t see.
“They threw the bin and the police got the fingerprints.”
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
Mr Tanriverdi, who was taken to Homerton Hospital by ambulance, described how he now sometimes feels scared to come to work.
Police said no one had been arrested over the raid.
Anyone with information is asked to call Hackney CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.