Kingsland Shopping Centre jeweller attacked with mirror and bin and punched in head during terrifying raid
- Credit: Archant
A jeweller feared he would lose the sight in his eye when a gang of thugs raided his Dalston stall, attacking him with a mirror and punching him in the head.
Bülent Tanriverdi has shared a video of the horrific attack which took place at 10am on May 11 in the Kingsland Shopping Centre in the hope of tracing the attackers – who are still at large.
One of the four men, who were all wearing hoodies and baseball caps, can be seen throwing the punch before another one holds a bin menacingly above his head.
Mr Tanriverdi told the Gazette one man had asked for a £20 necklace to be reduced to £10, and said he had offered a £3 discount instead.
“They attacked me suddenly,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Four guys attacked me with the mirror. One of them punched me and for a week I couldn’t see.
“They threw the bin and the police got the fingerprints.”
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 8 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 9 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 10 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
Mr Tanriverdi, who was taken to Homerton Hospital by ambulance, described how he now sometimes feels scared to come to work.
Police said no one had been arrested over the raid.
Anyone with information is asked to call Hackney CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.