Kirsty Treloar New Year’s murder: accused binman remembers nothing about the attacks
A binman accused of killing the mother of his child and stabbing her brother and sister remembers nothing of the attacks, the Old Bailey heard today.
Myles Williams, 19, Pond Farm Estate in Millfields Road, Clapton, claimed he had only broken into Kirsty Treloar’s home in Brownlow Road to chat with her about access to their month-old daughter.
He had been banned from contacting Kirsty under the terms of his bail, after he was charged with threatening behaviour for allegedly dragging her down the street by her hair.
He admitted he had taken a “sharp metal object” out of some bins across the road from Kirsty’s home in case her family attacked him.
It was only after he was hit over the head with a weightlifting bar by her brother Dean that his victims were injured, he claimed.
You may also want to watch:
Asked about what happened after we was hit, Williams repeatedly replied: ‘I can’t remember.’
He said everything became ‘a blur’ and the next thing he remembers is guiding Kirsty out of the bedroom and downstairs into his mother’s Fiat Stilo.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 7 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
‘The only thing that was on my mind was getting her to hospital,’ he told jurors.
Kirsty was stabbed 29 times on January 2, and her body was discovered dumped next to a bin nearby her home in Ryder Mews later that day.
Kirsty’s brother Dean, 22, had been stabbed three times in the chest and her sister Gemma, 25, twice.
Williams, who had been seeing Kirsty for around a year, is said to have launched his attack just hours after making a New Year’s resolution never to hit her again.
Williams denies the murder of Kirsty, the attempted murder of Dean and wounding Gemma with intent. The trial continues.