Lax Shoreditch office safety warning
Plain clothes police proved how lax security measures are making life easy for thieves when they walked unquestioned into 10 Shoreditch office blocks.
The Haggerston Safer Neighbourhoods Team conducted the exercise following a spate of burglaries in the area.
Once inside they could have taken anything from bikes, laptops, mobile phones to purses.
Instead they left calling card on desks, offering crime prevention advice.
PC Dominic Persad said he hopes managers now realise how easy it was to enter their workplaces: “Reception and security personnel must ask questions and security doors must not be propped open,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
For burglary and non-residential burglary advice contact your safer neighbourhoods team on 101.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses