Lax Shoreditch office safety warning
Plain clothes police proved how lax security measures are making life easy for thieves when they walked unquestioned into 10 Shoreditch office blocks.
The Haggerston Safer Neighbourhoods Team conducted the exercise following a spate of burglaries in the area.
Once inside they could have taken anything from bikes, laptops, mobile phones to purses.
Instead they left calling card on desks, offering crime prevention advice.
PC Dominic Persad said he hopes managers now realise how easy it was to enter their workplaces: “Reception and security personnel must ask questions and security doors must not be propped open,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
For burglary and non-residential burglary advice contact your safer neighbourhoods team on 101.
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 4 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 5 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 6 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 9 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 10 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work