Lax Shoreditch office safety warning
Plain clothes police proved how lax security measures are making life easy for thieves when they walked unquestioned into 10 Shoreditch office blocks.
The Haggerston Safer Neighbourhoods Team conducted the exercise following a spate of burglaries in the area.
Once inside they could have taken anything from bikes, laptops, mobile phones to purses.
Instead they left calling card on desks, offering crime prevention advice.
PC Dominic Persad said he hopes managers now realise how easy it was to enter their workplaces: “Reception and security personnel must ask questions and security doors must not be propped open,” he said.
For burglary and non-residential burglary advice contact your safer neighbourhoods team on 101.
- 1 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 2 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 3 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 4 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 7 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 8 Five convicted for 'horrifying' Broadway Market stabbing
- 9 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life