Lax Shoreditch office safety warning
Plain clothes police proved how lax security measures are making life easy for thieves when they walked unquestioned into 10 Shoreditch office blocks.
The Haggerston Safer Neighbourhoods Team conducted the exercise following a spate of burglaries in the area.
Once inside they could have taken anything from bikes, laptops, mobile phones to purses.
Instead they left calling card on desks, offering crime prevention advice.
PC Dominic Persad said he hopes managers now realise how easy it was to enter their workplaces: “Reception and security personnel must ask questions and security doors must not be propped open,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
For burglary and non-residential burglary advice contact your safer neighbourhoods team on 101.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney