London riots: Hackney’s ten ‘most wanted’
Ten suspected Hackney rioters are among the 213 photos of London’s “most wanted” that have been published online by Met police.
Officers are appealing for help identifying those who smashed windows, looted shops, and torched cars, during the August disturbances.
Police have so far made 3,269 arrests for a variety of riot-related offences across the capital and 2,046 people have been charged or summoned.
Four months after the riots, officers are determined to track down all remaining suspects and trawled through 200,000 hours of CCTV footage to obtain the images.
To see the photos of their ‘most wanted’ Hackney suspects, click on the gallery link above.
You may also want to watch:
Hackney’s Chief Supt Steve Bending said: “There is still thousands of hours of footage to view from the rioting in Hackney alone.
“This footage is being painstakingly worked through by a dedicated team of detectives. We will work tirelessly to bring all those involved in the rioting and looting to justice.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
“We wish to thank members of the public who are assisting our investigation by identifying those involved and appeal for that support to continue.”
Anyone with information should contact Hackney Police’s riot unit, the Withern Team, on 0207 275 3086 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting the reference number alongside the image.