Lower Clapton burglary leaves victim needing facial reconstruction surgery
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses and information after a violent robbery in Lower Clapton left a man with severe facial injuries requiring reconstructive surgery.
The victim was walking along Median Road near to the junctions of Churchill Walk and Clifden Road on Monday October 15 at around 10.45pm, when he was attacked from behind by three male youths.
They told him they had a knife and then punched him around the head three times, then fled with the victim’s mobile phone.
Several bones were broken in the victim’s face and he now requires reconstructive surgery.
All three suspects are described as black males, in their late teens, and they were all wearing dark clothing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Claire Astle, from Hackney’s Robbery Squad, on 0207 275 3131, quoting reference 4627682/12.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 7 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 8 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 9 Hackney CEO to retire after 40 years in local government
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web