Lower Clapton burglary leaves victim needing facial reconstruction surgery
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses and information after a violent robbery in Lower Clapton left a man with severe facial injuries requiring reconstructive surgery.
The victim was walking along Median Road near to the junctions of Churchill Walk and Clifden Road on Monday October 15 at around 10.45pm, when he was attacked from behind by three male youths.
They told him they had a knife and then punched him around the head three times, then fled with the victim’s mobile phone.
Several bones were broken in the victim’s face and he now requires reconstructive surgery.
All three suspects are described as black males, in their late teens, and they were all wearing dark clothing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Claire Astle, from Hackney’s Robbery Squad, on 0207 275 3131, quoting reference 4627682/12.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta