Lower Clapton burglary leaves victim needing facial reconstruction surgery
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses and information after a violent robbery in Lower Clapton left a man with severe facial injuries requiring reconstructive surgery.
The victim was walking along Median Road near to the junctions of Churchill Walk and Clifden Road on Monday October 15 at around 10.45pm, when he was attacked from behind by three male youths.
They told him they had a knife and then punched him around the head three times, then fled with the victim’s mobile phone.
Several bones were broken in the victim’s face and he now requires reconstructive surgery.
All three suspects are described as black males, in their late teens, and they were all wearing dark clothing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Claire Astle, from Hackney’s Robbery Squad, on 0207 275 3131, quoting reference 4627682/12.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries