Lower Clapton stabbing: Victim named as Exauce Ngimbi
- Credit: Archant
The man stabbed to death in Lower Clapton yesterday has been named as Exauce Ngimbi.
Exauce, 22, was attacked during a fight in Clarence Road and Clarence Mews, near the Pembury Estate. Police were called at 2pm and medics tried to save his life but he died at the scene half-an-hour later.
A 14-year-old boy and a man, 26, were arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday and today Scotland Yard said two more men, aged 23 and 26, had been arrested on suspicion of murder. All four were this morning being held.
Det Ch Insp Paul Considine of the Specialist Crime Command said: "This investigation continues to move at pace as demonstrated by these latest arrests. However, I still need the public's assistance to ensure we have as full a picture as possible as to how Exauce lost his life.
"Exauce's family are devastated but I want to assure them, and the wider public, that we will work tirelessly to ensure those responsible for this murder face justice."
Exauce is the fifth person to be killed in Hackney this year.
In April father-of-five Steve Brown, 47, was knifed off Matthias Road, Stoke Newington, and died at the scene. No one has been charged over his death.
- 1 Jailed: Man chased teenager and stabbed him in back in Lower Clapton
- 2 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 3 Cardboard boxes causing delays in and around Hackney Wick
- 4 Hackney girls school gets 'good' Ofsted after 'inadequate' rating
- 5 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 6 ‘Messy, blundering, inconsiderate’ - Hackney mayor slams police over Dalston op violence
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
The same month Homerton man Joshua White, 29, was stabbed to death on the Frampton Park Estate. Three teenagers have been charged with his murder and are set to go on trial in March. They are David Kerrigan, 19, of Clapton, Taylar Isaac, 18, of Homerton and a 16-year-old who cannot be named, also from Homerton.
Tashaûn Aird, 15, was stabbed nine times in Somerford Grove, Stoke Newington, on May 1. Three people are currently on trial for his murder - Romaine Williams-Reid, 18, of Collier Row, Havering, and two 15-year-olds who cannot be named.
In September Sandra Samuels was killed in her home on the Milton Gardens Estate. Gavin Shane Carl Lewis, 40, was charged with her murder.
Anyone with information can call 101 quoting CAD 3931 of December 5.
Alternatively tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Any young people with information can visit fearless.org where they can pass on information anonymously. Fearless is part of the Crimestoppers charity, and is also independent of the police.
Anyone needing help or information to support someone you suspect is involved in knife crime can visit knifefree.co.uk.