“Machete” man’s roof stand-off following second Homerton stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Armed man seen on the roof of Nisbet House in Homerton High Street before he was finally arrested.
A man was stabbed on Homerton High Street on Friday night – the second within the space of a week in the immediate area.
Police and the ambulance service were called at 8.22pm on January 9 where they found a man in his 40s suffering from stab wounds which are not thought to be life-threatening.
A police spokesman said: “The suspect was within a block of flats off Homerton High Street at the time and the police were with him.”
But the man fled, and people took to social networking site Twitter warning there was an armed man on the roof of Nisbet House.
You may also want to watch:
Victor Tarre tweeted: “Be careful #homerton. a man on the roof of nesbit house with a machete #e9.”
Police said a man was subsequently arrested at about 1am Saturday on suspicion of attempted murder, and has been remanded in police custody.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
A 17-year-old girl was charged today with the murder of Jeremie Malenge, 17, in Homerton on Tuesday night.
Jeremie was stabbed to death in Ponsford Street at 11.40pm, following an altercation with three or four male youths in a shop in Homerton High Street, police investigators believe.