Man, 18, charged over stabbing of 15-year-old in Upper Clapton
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged after a 15-year-old was stabbed in Upper Clapton on Sunday evening.
Police were called to Brooke Road at about 5pm on February 16 and the victim was found with a severe head injury.
He was taken to hospital and Scotland Yard said on Monday morning he was in a life-threatening condition.
Tyreek Williams, 18, of Prout Road, E5, is due to appear in custody on 17 March, at Wood Green Crown Court, charged with GBH with intent and possession of a sharply pointed/bladed article.
Another 18-year-old man arrested in connection with the incident has been released on bail pending further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Police imposed a Section 60 order for the whole of Hackney until 10am on Monday as a result of a "series of incidents involving knife crime".
Anyone with information about the stabbing can call 101 quoting CAD5031/16Feb.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared