Man, 18, charged over stabbing of 15-year-old in Upper Clapton
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged after a 15-year-old was stabbed in Upper Clapton on Sunday evening.
Police were called to Brooke Road at about 5pm on February 16 and the victim was found with a severe head injury.
He was taken to hospital and Scotland Yard said on Monday morning he was in a life-threatening condition.
Tyreek Williams, 18, of Prout Road, E5, is due to appear in custody on 17 March, at Wood Green Crown Court, charged with GBH with intent and possession of a sharply pointed/bladed article.
Another 18-year-old man arrested in connection with the incident has been released on bail pending further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Police imposed a Section 60 order for the whole of Hackney until 10am on Monday as a result of a "series of incidents involving knife crime".
Anyone with information about the stabbing can call 101 quoting CAD5031/16Feb.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 7 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 10 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site