Murder investigation launched after man, 21, killed in Old Street hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was killed in a hit and run in Old Street in the early hours of this morning.
The 21-year-old and another man, 20, were hit by a car at 4.25am near the junction with Vince Street.
Police and ambulance crews were called and the 21-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
Homicide detectives are now analysing CCTV and making enquiries to establish what happened.
Scotland Yard is not releasing details of the car, which did not stop at the scene and has not been recovered.
A Met spokeswoman said the 21-year-old victim’s next of kin have been told of his death and a post-mortem will be arranged in due course.
The other man has been taken to hospital and is in stable condition.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 3 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 4 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 9 Siegfried: 'An epic of loneliness and self-doubt'
- 10 From college student to stage performer: How All Points East Festival is helping young artists
Det Insp David Suddick of the Homicide and Major Crime Command is leading the investigation.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or anything suspicious leading up to the collision - or who has information that may assist the investigation - should call the incident room at Barking on 020 8345 3985. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Roads are closed around the area while emergency services investigate.