Murder investigation launched after man, 21, killed in Old Street hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was killed in a hit and run in Old Street in the early hours of this morning.
The 21-year-old and another man, 20, were hit by a car at 4.25am near the junction with Vince Street.
Police and ambulance crews were called and the 21-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
Homicide detectives are now analysing CCTV and making enquiries to establish what happened.
Scotland Yard is not releasing details of the car, which did not stop at the scene and has not been recovered.
You may also want to watch:
A Met spokeswoman said the 21-year-old victim’s next of kin have been told of his death and a post-mortem will be arranged in due course.
The other man has been taken to hospital and is in stable condition.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 7 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
Det Insp David Suddick of the Homicide and Major Crime Command is leading the investigation.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or anything suspicious leading up to the collision - or who has information that may assist the investigation - should call the incident room at Barking on 020 8345 3985. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Roads are closed around the area while emergency services investigate.