Man admits being kitted out with tools to go stealing
- Credit: Archant
A man who failed to turn up to a drug rehab programme was found equipped with tools to go off stealing, when police arrived to arrest him.
Police officers found Simeon Minton, 32, in a stairwell in the block of flats where he lives off Laura Place, Lower Clapton, on February 26.
They found he was in possession of a screwdriver, a spanner, a plastic took known as a ‘Lloydie’ and an Allen key.
He was charged with going equipped for theft and failing to attend for a follow-up assessment after testing positive for Class A drugs.
Minton was sentenced to one year imprisonment at Wood Green Crown Court on Friday after pleading guilty to going equipped to steal.
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Scott Johnson said: “I welcome the sentence the court has passed to Minton and can only hope he changes his offending ways upon his release from prison.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins