Man admits being kitted out with tools to go stealing
- Credit: Archant
A man who failed to turn up to a drug rehab programme was found equipped with tools to go off stealing, when police arrived to arrest him.
Police officers found Simeon Minton, 32, in a stairwell in the block of flats where he lives off Laura Place, Lower Clapton, on February 26.
They found he was in possession of a screwdriver, a spanner, a plastic took known as a ‘Lloydie’ and an Allen key.
He was charged with going equipped for theft and failing to attend for a follow-up assessment after testing positive for Class A drugs.
Minton was sentenced to one year imprisonment at Wood Green Crown Court on Friday after pleading guilty to going equipped to steal.
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Scott Johnson said: “I welcome the sentence the court has passed to Minton and can only hope he changes his offending ways upon his release from prison.”
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation