Man admits being kitted out with tools to go stealing
- Credit: Archant
A man who failed to turn up to a drug rehab programme was found equipped with tools to go off stealing, when police arrived to arrest him.
Police officers found Simeon Minton, 32, in a stairwell in the block of flats where he lives off Laura Place, Lower Clapton, on February 26.
They found he was in possession of a screwdriver, a spanner, a plastic took known as a ‘Lloydie’ and an Allen key.
He was charged with going equipped for theft and failing to attend for a follow-up assessment after testing positive for Class A drugs.
Minton was sentenced to one year imprisonment at Wood Green Crown Court on Friday after pleading guilty to going equipped to steal.
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Scott Johnson said: “I welcome the sentence the court has passed to Minton and can only hope he changes his offending ways upon his release from prison.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities